Lake Placid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Aug 6, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Watched this last night. What a fantastic film it is. Giant mutant crocodiles living in a lake in Maine, being fed by dotty old bat after they eat her husband. (A though briefly occurs to me. Bad badger...:rolleyes: )
    The thing that gets me is the classic horror film scenario. You've got this big deep dark lake, right? With "something" in it that kills and eats people and has enormous teeth, right? So what's the best thing to do? FLOAT ABOUT ON THE LAKE IN A DAMN CANOE, THAT'S WHAT!!!
    Me, I would have just dynamited the lake and seen what came to the surface. Although that may not have been a very long film. Could have sent it to You've Been Framed though...

HANNAH Member

I'm glad I'm not the only person who sat and watched Lake Placid last night! I loved it, I was laughing my a*** off all the way through it! Some of it was just so stupid!
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

wish i was sat watching that, we sat down to watch the blair witch project. its the 1st time ive watched it and i was bricking it!! thats a scarey film!
  4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I missed Lake Placid, i watched the Jackass Movie instead, now that was funny!....and ever so slightly disturbing.......! ;)
  5. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I watched that too cracks me up everytime i watch that! Especially the golf bit with horn hilarious stuff! :clap: :biggrin:

And the rental car! " i hit a dog" lmao!!!
  6. sugarandspice

I found pretty much all of it really entertaining, (apart from the paper cuts, i just couldnt watch that!) but the rental car was the highlight! "But it has a full tank of gas?"
    "it's demolished!"
  7. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Ya eww that paper cut i couldn't watch it either!! :redface:
  8. sugarandspice

My dad really liked the hair trimer attacks! I think it was the music that made it tho!
  9. jenzi

jenzi Member

Lake Placid is a terrible film! But Jackass the Movie is hilarious! I agree, my favourite bits are the air horns at the golf course, the hair trimmers and when Bam put a crocodile in his Mum's house. Her reaction is just priceless! I can't wait for the second one. Johnny Knoxville is brilliant!
  10. The other son

The other son Member

I think ryan dunn's act of putting a toy car in a blob and.... "ingesting" it.... is a bit on the vomit-inducing side.

Although I cant imagine it was too much fun for him either
  11. sugarandspice

I think there was quite a bit of vomit inducing stuff- the worst beign when they filmed each other close up being sick. The department store toliet stunt even made the camera man sick. Ewwwww!!
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Erm., I thought Mrs Badger started a thread about the film Lake Placid? :rolleyes:
  13. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

She did, but also misplaced Lake Placid in Maine when it's actually in New York State. Maybe that's why the thread ended up going all over the map ;)
  14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    My geography of the US is apalling. But probably better than GWB's knowledge of Europe...
    I think Jackass is very very silly. The only thing I like that Johnny Knoxville did was MIB.