ladies in faireys??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by deave, May 24, 2004.

1. deave

deave Member

I attended Fairey's concert last night in Guildhall, Preston and they announced that Rebecca Crawshaw had joined the band on soprano!! She played last night, very well I might add....

I'm surprised nothing has been announced already???

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fairey
    nothing
    faireys
    ladies
    Rebecca Crawshaw
  3. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Wow! Flippin 'eck, good stuff!

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

That poaching virus is striking again then!!

5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Indeed... can't they go get players off the magic player tree like everyone else? :wink:

6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I'd like to wish Rebecca lots of luck with her new band. I was in NYBBGB with her, she's a great player and a really nice lass.

Jayne

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Who has she been playing with until now?

8. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Dobcross I believe.

9. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yeah, crackin little player.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong like) but there's nothing in the Fairey constiution saying women aren't allowed so they may not want to make an announcement.

Wonder who's next?

10. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I think they are waiting til a number of signings are confirmed before they make any press release.

11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Excellent- well good on her :D

All the best to her!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fairey
    nothing
    faireys
    ladies
    Rebecca Crawshaw
  13. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

well done to becky, crackin player, and well deserved position!

Seems like NYBB are taking over fairies slowly but surely!

14. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Good news, it's a young team they are building there! Faireys have perhaps seen more players come and go than any other top band: Hope all the new players get the chance to grow as a team because there is some amazing potential there.

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Must be all this pressure tMP has been putting on bands to go mixed gender! :wink:

Well done to her, hope she does well!

16. Cornetto

Cornetto Member

This isn't an official announcement, but I'd thought I'd get in before any unwanted rumours started (too late I think).

The announcement at the concert last night was actually a mistake, Becky has not joined Faireys, and was over from Dobcross to help us out for which we are very greatful, especially having performed as well as she did. The fact that women were on stage under the name of Fairey is no secret. Fairey's current crisis has forced the band into taking a more open minded view for at least the forseeable future whilst things are being sorted out.

With regards to poaching, no players are being forced into joining the band, and no money is changing hands on the transfer of players. The players that have already moved have done so because they feel that is the right move for them.

I'll say no more until an official statement has been released by the band.

17. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

I played with Fairey's last night (first time since I left, and only as a last minute dep.) and was impressed by the way they performed, especially with so many guests. The concert was very good and well recieved, Becky played well (as mentioned), as did Cornetto, Chris Pannell and the other "younger" players. Morette (sp?) also played on rep from Besses, so there were 2 females on stage (not including Bowdy of course :wink: )

I hope the band resolves it's problems soon, and get's back to the top where it belongs. I enjoyed the concert anyway, as did the audience I think!

18. impycornet

impycornet Member

Somene's got the wrong end of the stick then ????

19. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

The plot thickens! :shock:

20. Golden-Hynd

Golden-Hynd Member

opps!!

good luck to Becky - superb player! sure she'll do very well!

heard they were auditiong a female on euph as well - did they get any further with that?

Tim

21. Bowdy

Bowdy New Member

Oy Catanach. Why am i mentioned in the women on stage catagory and not the young tallented players on display section. There may have been one or two light hearted moments involving womens night wear but i do have a willy you know! On that subject Mr Evans was funny on Sunday wasn't he :wink: