Lack of meaningful comments

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ari01, May 16, 2016.

1. ari01

ari01 Active Member

Hi All,

I love the fact that on this, a brass band forum, the In / Out debate has had over 35 comments yet the Spring Festival has passed without a single mention or comment....and chat about the All England Masters, that appears to be in disarray fell flat after a few hours...

Oh, and there appears to be a plethora of trombones for sale!

Is it time to close up?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    different thread
  3. nighttempla

nighttempla New Member

There were plenty of comments on the long journey home in the car.

Gutted!

4. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

You could always start a thread on the Spring Festival, if you wanted to share your opinion.

mikelyons and Accidental like this.
  5. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

But you have been commenting on the in/out debate so whats the issue? Like the above said start a thread about the Spring Festival if you feel so strongly.

6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

The site is more active than it used to be and whilst there are dangers in having non-music stuff on the site (like the In/Out Debate) it can, with care and skilled moderation, add a lot worth having to the site.

I must have missed all the trombones for sale, but IMHO it is good that we have an instruments for sale section.

Some worthwhile issues don't get talked about and some annual events aren't talked about every year. I started a thread yesterday and no comments yet on what I feel is a worthwhile subject, that's life but don't let that put you off starting some threads yourself on topics you think are important. The particular issues you mentioned aren't important to me (I've near no interest in contesting) but, and no offence at all intended, why not start a thread on them yourself and prompt forum members for their comments?

Slider1 likes this.
  7. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

At least this is meaningful

mikelyons likes this.
  8. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Why the hell would someone want to buy a trombone anyway ?
    :rolleyes:

9. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

It's spring; maybe as a garden planter? :D

mikelyons and Mesmerist like this.
  10. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

All I can say about the Blackpool result is on apersonal level and that is well done to my old friend Ian Mac, who prepared Carlton Main and also came 2nd with his own band in the first section!

Accidental likes this.
  11. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

The Spring Festival comes around every year so it tends to be the same story with variations on faces and names. (That's not meant to be a derogatory comment about a great contest).

The In/Out debate is a one off and depending on your viewpoint may well have an important impact on your life.

I think there is room on a Brass Band forum for the Off Topic threads without it damaging the essence of the forum. At best, it showcases the personalities of members who contribute, in ways that the more restrictive threads do not. You only have to look at the number of views on the more controversial subjects to conclude that most of us enjoy stimulation as well as the worthy "what size is your mouthpiece" threads. I think it increases user enjoyment and involvement which in turn benefits the forum as a whole.

Actually I also think there is a place for the more "naughty" members because whatever you may think of them they do create a response.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    different thread
  13. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

But what size is your mouthpiece?

davidsait likes this.
  14. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Mines only a little one but its a grafter !
    ;)

mikelyons likes this.
  15. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

OOhhh er Missus!

16. Mesmerist

I have 2! One weighs 60g and the other 65g so I will be using the light one on Friday to give me an advantage in the airflow department playing Colonel Bogey whilst marching elegantly up the side of a northern mountain on Friday. Vegasbound will be there ensuring all short people dress to their best side whilst whipping errant bass trombonists who insist on galloping along parping very loudly.

mikelyons likes this.
  17. MoominDave

For some reason I will be hauling a BBb bass. Its mouthpiece weighs about as much as a small town.

stevetrom, mikelyons and Bbmad like this.
  18. Mesmerist

Are you wearing tartan this year?

19. MoominDave

Yes, partially. But mostly a BBb bass.

Slider1 and mikelyons like this.
  20. Mesmerist

I'm sure you will look fetching in both items. Is the lovely wife playing too?

mikelyons likes this.
  21. MoominDave

I believe so...

22. Mesmerist

I believe this thread is now full of meaningful comments. :)