Knottingly Silver - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hornguy1, May 22, 2003.

1. crafty cornet

crafty cornet New Member

KSB is located in the town of Knottingley,close to the M62/A1 link.
    We rehearse on mondays and thursdays 8~10pm in the bandroom at the rear of Knottingley Conservative Club.
    One of our number is currently Steward of the club and a good pint is enjoyed by all!!!
    Why not come down for a blow.

2. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Hi Carl,
    What have you done with Parky then?

If you need any help, you know where I am!!

John

3. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Knottingley Silver - Sop and/or Bb Cornet/ Bb Bass

Knottingley Silver Band currently have vacancies for a couple of players after a re-shuffle to strengthen areas of the band.

If your a Sop, front row cornet, or Bb bass, please make contact by PM.

We have an exciting 2007 ahead including some major concerts and contests, even a tour on the cards!!!

Were situated just off the junction of the A1/M62 near Pontefract, West Yorkshire!!

Many thanks

Martin Hall

4. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Better add, were 1st Section Yorkshire graded band!!!!!!

5. multiman

multiman Member

If you were 1st section what are you now? Or should it be we are 1st Section?

6. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Sorry, we are 1st section!!!!!!!!!!

7. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Bb Bass Wanted - Yorkshire 1st Section

Fancy coming down for a blow in the new year down at Knottingley?

Contact myself by private message on here!

Other Players also considered so please dont be shy!!!

Seasons Greatings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. what nites and times do you practice? and do you still play at knottingly town hall? could you not move someone up and put me in a lower position, cos I always blast out the bottom cornet parts at my bands practice.

9. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Cornet Bb Bass and 2nd trombone

Hi all, the Knottingley Silver band require a cornet, 2nd trombone and Bb Bass to complete their line up! The band have recently appointed a new conductor and are looking forward to some really exciting opportunities.
    Come along for a blow and see what you think!
    We practse monday and thursday 8 til 10 in Knottingley (M62 / A1 junction)
    drop me an e mail at matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com if you are interested.
    Thanks

10. agentorange

agentorange Member

One to seriously consider this.
    Great MD, top class soloists, fantastic people all round. Like a pint too!!!
    Highly reccomended.

Pity their spelling's not up to much! (practse? - I expect better from a teacher, Matt!!).

11. Gladis

Gladis New Member

2nd Euphonium Needed

Hi all,

Knottingley Silver Band (1st Section) are looking for an enthusiastic team player to fill our 2nd Euph vacancy.

We have an exciting programme ahead of us including concerts in various locations, march contests, own choice contests and much more.

We also enjoy life outside the bandroom as a group and are regularly organising social events to suit all (such as days at the races, bowling, race nights, staying overnight at contests and of course, the bander's all time favourite...curry nights!)

So come down and see for yourself. We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays 8 - 10pm. Our band room is in Knottingley itself, which is just off the M62 (junction 33) / A1 interchange.

You can contact me on 07793680781

Elizabeth Stimpson

12. crafty cornet

crafty cornet New Member

Give these guys a go.They're a good friendly bunch.
    I should know,as i spent ten years playing for the band and have lots of great memories and have made some good friends.I'm even going on tour with them in August for a week for some drinking,drinking,a few concerts and lots of fun.Oh,did i mention the drinking?
    Go on,get yourself down for a blow and let the good times roll!!!!!

13. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Hi all,

Knottingley Silver Band (1st Section) are looking for an enthusiastic team player to fill our 2nd Euph vacancy.

We have an exciting programme ahead of us including concerts in various locations, march contests, own choice contests and much more.

We also enjoy life outside the bandroom as a group and are regularly organising social events to suit all (such as days at the races, bowling, race nights, staying overnight at contests and of course, the bander's all time favourite...curry nights!)

So come down and see for yourself. We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays 8 - 10pm. Our band room is in Knottingley itself, which is just off the M62 (junction 33) / A1 interchange.

You can contact the band secretary on 07793680781

14. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Hi all, the Knottingley Silver band require some cornets, 2nd Baritone and Bb Bass to complete their line up! The band have recently appointed a new conductor and are looking forward to some really exciting opportunities.
    Come along for a blow and see what you think!
    We practise monday and thursday 8 til 10 in Knottingley (M62 / A1 junction)
    drop me an e mail at matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com if you are interested.
    Thanks

15. Gladis

Gladis New Member

Yorkshire 1st Section looking for new MD

Hi all,

Knottingley Silver Band are looking for a new musical director for our 1st section band. We have a nucleus of friendly, committed and quality players and we need someone with the ability and commitment to take us forward. Are you the person to lead us to success?

Apply by email to g.pearson83@ntlworld.com or phone Garry Pearson on 07969 871266 after 4pm, or send me a pm.

16. barrytone

barrytone Member

Soprano player required, Yorkshire 1st Section Band

Knottingley Silver, an established first section Yorkshire band, require the services of a soprano cornet player to complete the band line-up for the area contest in early March. We rehearse on a Monday and Thursday evening in Knottingley; which is easily accessed from the M62, M1, A1, lifts are available from surrounding areas and there is also a rail link from Leeds/Huddersfield. The seat is available on a permanent basis but anyone wishing to play for the area contest only, would be most welcome.

The band are also invited to take part in several high profile events, including the Spring Festival in May, and also compete and perform throughout Yorkshire and the surrounding area during the year.

Anyone who is interested is more than welcome to come to the band for a rehearsal and pm me for further details.

Thanks.

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  17. barrytone

barrytone Member

I am pleased to say that all our vacancies have been filled on a permanent basis. Thanks to everyone who showed interest.

18. barrytone

barrytone Member

Soprano and trombone player required for Yorkshire Area Contest

Knottingley Silver band require the services of a soprano cornet and a trombone player to complete our team for the Yorkshire Area Contest on Sunday 2nd March 2008 in Bradford, West Yorkshire. We have permanent players in these positions so only require the seats filling for the contest.
    The test piece is James Cook, Circumnavigator by Vinter and as this is a regional qualifiying contest, we are not allowed to borrow players therefore you would need to either transfer to the band or register as a new player.

We would expect a reasonable amount of rehearsal and sectional attendance prior to the contest for which we are able to offer expenses. The band rehearses on a Monday and Thursday evening in Knottingley and is easily accessed by the motorway and rail networks.

Regarding the trombone position, we would prefer a player willing to occupy the solo trombone seat but there is scope for reorganisation within the section.

If you are able and willing to help us, please send me a pm and I will furnish you with further details.

Thanks.

19. barrytone

barrytone Member

We have filled the cornet position for the contest, thanks to all who expressed an interest, but could still do with a trombonist to help out due to player unavailability. It could be either tenor trombone part and expenses are available in return for a reasonable amount of attendance at rehearsals and sectionals.

If anyone is willing to fill this position for the contest, please pm me for further details.

Thanks

20. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Cornet Vacancies

The Knottingley band has been busy recruiting players over the summer period and is now looking to recruit some cornet players to complete their line up! If you are a cornet player looking for a change or a new band and want to play somewhere where the music is enjoyable, the people are friendly and the beer is good then why not give us a go, you have nothing to lose!

We are looking for a front row and back row cornet. We are a 1st section band and take part in concerts and contests throughout the year, including the spring festival in Blackpool.

You can contact the band secretary, Liz, on 07793680781 or email matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com

Go on, give it a go!

Thanks
    Matt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice