Knottingly Silver - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hornguy1, May 22, 2003.

1. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details see most recent posts

The Knottingley Silver band require a top quality cornet player and percussionist. The band has just won the first section Yorkshire areas and is being promoted to the Yorkshire championship section in January 2004. The band is located on the A1/ M62 junction near Pontefract, West Yorkshire. Apply in confidence to the band manager Roy Baxter on 01977672060 or E mail Matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Roy Baxter
    Knottingley Silver
    Yorkshire
    Matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com
  3. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Cornet and Percussionist wanted!

The Knottingley Silver band require a top quality cornet player and percussionist. The band has just won the first section Yorkshire areas and is being promoted to the Yorkshire championship section in January 2004. The band is located on the A1/ M62 junction near Pontefract, West Yorkshire. Apply in confidence to the band manager Roy Baxter on 01977672060 or E mail Matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com
    Thanks.
    :D

4. paddo

paddo Member

Knottingley Silver Band looking for 1st class Eb bass

The Knottingley Silver Band is looking for a first class EEb bass player to fill the space left by our Peter, by going to the royal northern (cheek of it eh!)

The band will be in the Championship section as from the 1st Jan 2004 in the Yorkshire area.

Anyone interested if they can contact myself via e-mail please on the e-mail address provided thank you.

mark@marlinimages.co.uk

:D thank you

5. paddo

paddo Member

Solo Eb Bass Required

Knottingley Silver Band require a first class Solo Eb bass ASAP.

we have several contests to compete in before the end of the year which will then see us promoted to the Championship section in the Yorkshire region.

anyone interested can either contact my self on 0113 2521933, or they can e-mail me at mark@marlinimages.co.uk

Paddo

6. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I don't fancy that top C# in Tristan Encounters so I don't think I'll be tempted :wink:

Good luck for your forthcoming contests - as long as you're not playing in the same ones as us

7. paddo

paddo Member

EEb Bass needed

Knottingley Silver have positions available for a very capable EEb bass or bass trombone players in time for the 8th May (festival)

You can contact myself on the PM

:lol: :lol:

Thanks.

8. paddo

paddo Member

This advert has been adjusted as we have now found a bass trombone player.

9. paddo

paddo Member

this has changed again. We want either a EEb bass player or bass trombone.

anyone help?

10. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Knottingley Band require Principal cornet and bass.

The Knottingley silver Band require a principal cornet and Eb bass to complete their line up. The band is a forward looking band with many recent contest successes as well as some high profile concerts coming up. If you would like some more information about ther band then please contact the band manager Roy Baxter on 01977672060 or e mail Matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com
    We look forward to hearing from you!!

11. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Knottingley Silver Band - Players needed!

The Knottingley silver band require a principal cornet and bass trombone. This ambitious band is based on the M62/A1 junction in West Yorkshire and has had many recent contest successes. For any more information then please contact matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com or ring the band manager, Roy Baxter on 01977672060.
    Thanks

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Roy Baxter
    Knottingley Silver
    Yorkshire
    Matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com
  13. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Knottingley Silver Band

The knottingley silver band require a second trombone player to complete their line up. This forward looking band is based on the A1/ M62 junction near Pontefract. For further information then please e mail Matthew_stimpson@hotmail.com or ring the band manager, Roy Baxter on 01977672060
    Thanks!

14. paddo

paddo Member

2nd Trombone needed for spring festival

The Knottingley Silver band are in desperate need for a quality 2nd trombone player due to our's having a previous engagement he can't get out of. It's the 7th May and the test piece is "Montage".

Anyone interested can call either myself on 07966 503549 or Roy Baxter the band sec' on 01977 672060 or send an e-mail to

info@knottingleysilverband.com

Thank you all.

Paddo

15. paddo

paddo Member

Yorkshire 1st Section

Knottingley Silver Band are looking to bums on a couple of seats.....

We are looking for either a couple of cornets to fill the ranks of the back row or a second man and a back row player.

Also a second Trombone and a Baritone (1st or 2nd dependent on capability)

In the last 4 years we have won the 2nd and 1 st section yorkshire areas and been to the finals 3 out of those 4. If you are interested you can contact my self either by PM or why not have a look at our web site

www.knottingleysilverband.com

We practice Monday & Thursday nights 8-10.

Paddo (Mark)

16. paddo

paddo Member

Solo Baritone & Assistant Principal Cornet needed!

Knottingley Silver Band has current vacancies for a Solo Baritone and an assistant Principal Cornet. (but all welcome for a blow!)

Applicants need to be of a high standard and commitment for our Monday & Thursday night practices. Our band room is just off the A1/M62 Junction in Knottingley opposite the Sports centre. We have several contests to attend to in the near future while also looking to put in a quality performance at next years areas.

We have just had a brief (very brief) spell in the Yorkshire area championship section and we are looking to build on that experience.

Practices are always a laugh but also with a bit of serious bits thrown in. Anyone interested can PM myself or contact me on mark@marlinimages.com.

17. paddo

paddo Member

Knottingley Silver band Update.........

Hopefully the Baritone position will be sorted by the end of next week, we have a couple of players coming down for a blow.. so looking promising.

While on the other hand we are still in need of an assistant principal cornet, anyone interested in this position can pm myself or contact me on 07966 503549, in strictest confidence obviously.....

come on you know you want to! don't you, go on.......

Paddo

18. paddo

paddo Member

Percussion talent needed!

The Knottingley Silver band are in need of a quality percussionist or kit player. We have a very capable percussion team but need to boost it by one more.

If you would like to come down for a bang about for a bit to see what we are like, then your more than welcome.

Either call my self on 07966 503549

or contact our band Secretary Liz Stimpson on 07793 680781

all dealt with in strictest confidence.

cheers

Paddo

19. paddo

paddo Member

another Knottingley Silver Update!

Still on the look out for an assistant principal cornet! we think the Baritone & 2nd Trombone positions have now been filled along with an addition on the back row, now thats a stroke of luck.......

Anyone interested in assistants job please contact me on 07966 503549 in stricktest confidence.........

go on you know you wnat to! don't you, go on.......
    Paddo

20. paddo

paddo Member

Knotingley Silver update........

We are still! in need of an assistant principal cornet, are you interested? then you can either pm myself or call me on 07966 503549 in strictest confidence.......

Paddo

21. Gladis

Gladis New Member

Hi all

As Knottingley's secretary I thought I would just add on what paddo has said. Knottingley is a really enthusiastic friendly band. We do have a laugh but when there's work to be done, we knuckle down and do it. Everyone is made to feel ultra welcome too so come and have a blow!
    Liz x

22. garryp

garryp New Member

Glad to see paddo is plugging away at the recruitment.We are dead easy to reach(junction of A1 and M62) and make a great sound as well as having fun.

Everyone is welcome but ideally we need quality cornet players(2).Are you in the top flight but fed up of gigging every weekend?.Give us a try.We have a good programme of contests and concerts but we also recognise that people have lives outside banding so we dont go OTT with the jobs.