Knocking 4barsrest

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Wintruder, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Wintruder

Wintruder New Member

I've just briefly read a thread where yorkie19 & darthtuba are knocking 4barsrest for their coverage of the Northern Area contest.

Can I suggest to both, perhaps if you're not happy with this coverage then you might consider setting up ypur own website. Maybe call it 2barsrest (or 3barsrest) & then do your own coverage.

It seems easy to knock people if you aren't happy with what they provide, but to sit back and do nothing about it is comical.

Get off you bums boys. Show us all how good you are & provide us with the service that (in your humble opinion) 4barsrest aren't providing.

I look forward to seeing it appearing in the very near future.

Good luck & best wishes

Winnie (back from the dead)
  2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Erm.... isn't talking about it starting to do something?
    4br provide a great service but its far from perfect - and everyone's entitled to their own opinions!
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I can see where you're coming from Winnie....
    but hey, nobody is gonna be happy with everything anyone does ever...

4BR do a great service in my eyes... if people dont like it then they dont have to continue to look at it do they ;-)
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Can someone please post the thread so I can take a lookie... thanks.
  5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I did not "knock" 4barsrest. I think you'll find I suggested Sam may be correct in assuming that the reason the write ups for the bands are very similar is because they really don't know a great deal about lower section bands in another area other than their past results. I have not made any such predictions and don't claim to be able to. 4barsrest now operate as a professional business. I can say what I like about them thanks. Oh, and don't tell me to get off my **** and do something for banding. Anyone who actually knows me will tell you I do plenty!
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Shame on you Mr Doran! Take a slap on the wrist!

I may be wrong, but hasn't there already been a thread on the shortcomings of Internet magazines (including 4BR) and wasn't it suggested that, to paraphrase,

"....if you raise your head above the parapet, you can expect to be shot at."

Just a thought.

Go to it Chris ;)
  7. jonford

jonford Member

Chris is a very good tuba player who helps a lot of bands out. Surely everyone has a right to their own opinion!
  8. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Wrong! Chris is a fabulous tuba player.:clap: :clap: :clap:
  9. jonford

jonford Member

Yeh I know! That's what I meant!
  10. and yes everyone should have the right to their own opinion
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Chris is a great bloke who bent over backwards to come and help us out last year.

And why shouldn't he have his opinion, it's a sad day when we're not all entitled to that.
  12. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Chris is also "man enough" to identify himself on a public forum. Who is Mr Wintruder? Does anyone know? Hmm.
  13. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

That's the same excuse that bad politicians use to explain their mistakes. I feel entitled to complain about any professional venture that provides a service to me, if I did not how would that service improve. I'm sure Iwan and the rest of the guys are big enough to take the complaints on the chin and bear them in mind for the future. I'm afraid that some of the lower section coverage on 4br does smack of a "don't care" attitude. If 4br want more business from lower section banders (of which there are a few!) through their website then they will change this.

Of course I've not even mentioned free speech yet... :tongue:
  14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I have no particular axe to grind on behalf of 4barsrest, although I have contributed quite a bit in the past year or so. I would equally fully support the right for anybody to criticise what they feel is a less than adequate service.

I should just point out, however, that, despite now having one full-time staff member ( :shock:) , they cannot really be expected to know all the ins and outs of every band that is out there. In that respect, they are dependent on others to supply up-to-date information, and I am sure they would welcome any contributions people are able to make. Equally, if anyone feels able to assist in any way, particularly regarding those lower section bands who may be less well known, then there is no reason why you should not contact them to offer your services.
  15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Or indeed... feel free to offer your services to submit news and articles to the tMP news/Articles secition...;)

Sorry PB... had to get that plug in eh...:)
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Good point, John - both sites rely on regular input for their success ;)
  17. postie

postie Member

I totally agree with you Peter there are over 500 bands appearing at this year's areas 4barsrest can't be expected to know about every single one.