Kiwis in need!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nethers, Mar 19, 2013.

1. nethers

nethers Active Member

Hi all,

Those of you who know me will know I have spent the last few years clinging on to the bottom of Earth as a resident of beautiful New Zealand.

I play for Dalewool Auckland Brass who would hold their own in the UK championship section.

Sadly down here there are fewer bands/players/retailers so ideas for new music are hard to come by.

We have given our MD Nigel Weeks a wad of cash and sent him out to buy some new music - he's taken a few risks and picked some winners and a couple of dogs. So he's asked the band for advice only we're in much the same position as him!

Long story made short: can my Brit/Euro friends recommend some good concert music released in approx the last 5 years that we should be getting our hands on?

Cheers everyone!

2. Coverhead

Coverhead Member

3. nethers

nethers Active Member

Ay-up cock! Thanks for the advice, I'll send Nigel that way. I remember playing Peterloo a few years back, that's a superb arrangement.

You should reconsider moving out here!

4. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

I suggest you buy DVD's of the Brass in Concert Championship for the last 6-7 years and you'll find numerous superb ideas.

I have most of the DVD's and get lots of ideas from them.

Regards, Ian (ex Continental Airlines and TVNZ bands)

5. Coverhead

Coverhead Member

Yeah, my friends and family keep saying it would be better if I moved to the other side of the world too... ;)

6. nethers

nethers Active Member

Thanks Ian, had forgotten about that little idea goldmine!

Christian, you know we accept all kinds of outcasts and deviants at Dalewool!