Kit player seeks challenge

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by dontmaketimangry, Jun 13, 2006.

1. dontmaketimangry

dontmaketimangry New Member

I am a kit player from Wakefield (West Yorkshire) who is looking for a kit seat with a championship or a very good first section band in the Yorkshire region. I've a degree in popular music from Sheffield Uni, and many years experience playing with brass bands and many other styles of music. I've never played for a top section band but lots of people tell me I should do and am more than capable. I've been doing a lot of brass playing the last few years and am looking to get back on the drum stool. I can play tuned/untuned percussion if required but i am really looking for some kit playing. If anyone can give me some info of possible vacancies, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tim Sidwell
  2. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

3. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Carlton Main Frickley Colliery ( in South Elmsall) are also looking for a 1st Class Kit player! Save me a job! :tongue: Coz I hate playing Kit.
  4. timbloke

timbloke Member

Stannington Band (Sheffield) are looking for a percussionist - see the thread here
  5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I would think most bands would welcome a percussionist who is looking to join a band on a regular basis. :tup

As Ruth mentioned earlier, Hatfield would welcome another percussion player. We currently have one dedicated, regular member, and 2 other members who help out as and when necessary.

Have a look at our website

If you're interested you can contact us through the website, or pm me for more details.
  6. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

Yorkshire Imps require Percussion Players!

The Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band (Championship Section) are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated percussion players. We can accomodate personal preference in playing as our current players are experienced in all fields, so if you prefer kit that shouldn't be a problem.

We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays between 8 and 10 and are situated in Methley village, only 10 minutes journey from Wakefield city centre.

If your interested in coming to a rehearsal and playing with the band please PM or E-mail me and I can provide you with further details.

For a detailed history on the band, a list of engagements and contact details for our management team please go to our website

Richard Barker
    Publicity Manager
    Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Or alternatively just speak to Garry Tim! ;) That's where he's currently plying his trade.
  8. Forget the rest .....................come to Carlton Main Frickley.we are moving up the rankings,doing the British open and Scottish open and are looking forward to a great year.

Ring me on 07966096219.

Nick Harris
    Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Please don't!

Thanks for your email Tim, I hope you have received my responses.
  10. dontmaketimangry

dontmaketimangry New Member

Hey everybody,
    I've been away for a few days and haven't had chance to post on the news. I've agreed to go for a bash with Pennine Brass in Huddersfield.
    I was expecting a few e-mails from my post, but I didn't expect so many offers. Thanks to everyone who contacted me and everyone who gave me info on vacancies.
    I'll let you know if there are any developments.
    Many Thanks
    Tim Sidwell
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update, and hope it works out :tup