Kirkby contest

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by euphfanhan, Jun 3, 2005.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Hi, just wondered are any tmpers going to the kirkby lonsdale contest? Me, yonhee and Nicola will be going, it would be nice to meet people before easingwold, which hopefully we'll be able to go to!

2. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Julie and me won't be there, but have a good day. It is a lovely day out, fabulous contest, especially if the weather is nice.

3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Tehe it was my first contest...wonder it didn't put me off for life though, the band got told to set off marching and half way through got told to go back to the start because the other band hadn't finished! I was nervous enough as it was!

4. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I will be there with long Eaton

5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I'm going! OK you've already said that... What's it like? I've never been before.

6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

You march down the street towards the square, and play a hymn tune and a test piece on the stage. Hopefully we'll have learned the test piece by then!

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Better get practising those semi quavers then :biggrin: So glad i don't play euph or cornet or solo horn or any other instrument with hard stuff. Do the adjudicators have a box? Do you play the test piece an hymn straight after doing the march?

8. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

From what I can remember the adjudicator sits in a caravan :rolleyes:

9. Yup thats what i remember too lol! And all the windows were papered over! Poor guy.

10. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Good contest that, remember my sister winning the Bill Dobbin soloist trophy there some years ago.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Kirkby
    contest
    kirkby lonsdale
    easingwold
    tmpers