Kippax Vacancies Update

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by flugelman, Mar 4, 2003.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

Great news.
    Faye is a tremendously talented Sop player and, importantly, Kippax through and through.
    She gave many faultless and memorable contest/concert performances during her last term with the band.
    Welcome back.
    - Wilkie (Kippax - Retired)

2. Sop123

Sop123 New Member

Can I just say it's nice to be 'home!' and sometimes it feels like i've never been away!! Saying that i'm really enjoying been back.

Kippax band is one of the friendliest bands around so come on all you players looking for a band give us a try!!!

Faye

3. flugelman

flugelman Member

Vacancies Update

The Kippax Band are still on the look out for a couple of players. We have recruited some new players recently and are close to a full band!

We are however still looking for the following players:-

Solo/Back Row Cornet
    Euphonium/Baritone
    Eb/Bb Bass
    Horn

Actual positions available can be discussed on your expression of interest.

Please contact the Band Chairman- Colin Moss- colinmoss@talktalk.net, PM me or visit the band website at www.kippaxband.co.uk. Full confidentiality is assured.

David Jackson
    Kippax Band

4. andyfake

andyfake Member

Hey up Dave - good to see Faye settling in (my best signing? - even if I had to sack myself to do it!) and there's also another superb acquisition on the back row - which I'll let you do the shouting about!
    Looking forward to hearing the band next week at the club

All the best

Andy

5. flugelman

flugelman Member

vacancies

The Kippax Band, after a good performance at Pontins (despite the result) are on the look out for a couple of players. We have recruited some new players recently and are close to a full band!

However we are sad to announce the retirement of our long serving repiano cornet player Heather Butler and also Dave Flatman on Bass Trombone

Thus we are looking for the following players:-

Repiano Cornet
    Bass trombone
    Tenor Horn
    Bb Bass
    Percussion

Please contact the Band Chairman- Colin Moss- colinmoss@talktalk.net, PM me or visit the band website at www.kippaxband.co.uk. Full confidentiality is assured.

David Jackson
    Kippax Band

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  6. flugelman

flugelman Member

vacancies

After sorting our Euph and Baritone section out the Kippax Band are nearly up to full strength again. We are looking forward to competing at Butlins and the Areas next year in the second section in the hope that some decent results will help propel the band towards the first section again.

We are based close to Leeds in West Yorkshire with easy access from the M1/A1/M62. We are a happy, motivated and friendly band led by our MD David Horn. We play at several interesting concerts (but not too many!) and contests every year. We have also just developed our own youth group to help develop future players for the band but also to support the local community

Our current vacancies are:-

Horn
    Repiano Cornet
    Bass Trombone
    Bb Bass

If you are interested in any of the vacancies then please contact the Band chairman (Colin Moss) on 01977 709901 or colinmoss@talktalk.net. All applications will be depedent on ability and confidentiality will be assured.

For further details please visit the band website on www.kippaxband.co.uk

7. flugelman

flugelman Member

Now we are in the festive period the Kippax Band has written their xmas list to Santa and the following vacancies are right at the top of the list!!

The Band is based in West Yorkshire, very close to Leeds with easy access to M1, M62 and A1. We are a friendly but ambitious band. Rehearsals are well attended and lots of effort put in, however we also run the Kippax Band Club so we do enjoy a relaxing drink afterwards. We have a steady concert and contest programme planned for 2009.

We are preparing for the 2009 contests especially our assault on the 2nd section area at St George's Hall Bradford in March. To help us to do that we are looking to fill the following positions:-

Tenor Horn
    Bass
    Bass Trombone

Positions available are negotiable (apart from Bass trombone- obviously!!!).

If you wish to apply for a position or just want further information please PM me or contact our Chairman (Colin Moss) at colinmoss@talktalk.net or on 01977 709901. Alternatively please access the Band's website at www.kippaxband.co.uk. All enquiries will have confidentiality ensured.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Merry Christmas. Ho ho ho!

8. flugelman

flugelman Member

The Kippax Band is based in West Yorkshire, very close to Leeds with easy access to M1, M62 and A1. We are a friendly but ambitious band. Rehearsals are well attended and lots of effort put in, however we also run the Kippax Band Club so we do enjoy a relaxing drink afterwards. We have a steady concert and contest programme planned for 2009.

We are preparing for the 2009 contests especially our assault on the 2nd section area at St George's Hall Bradford in March. To help us to do that we are looking to fill the following positions:-

Bass
    Bass Trombone

Positions available are negotiable (apart from Bass trombone- obviously!!!).

If you wish to apply for a position or just want further information please PM me or contact our Chairman (Colin Moss) at colinmoss@talktalk.net or on 01977 709901. Alternatively please access the Band's website at www.kippaxband.co.uk. All enquiries will have confidentiality ensured.

We look forward to hearing from you.

9. flugelman

flugelman Member

Musical Director Vacancy

Kippax Band 1st section from 2010 in the Yorkshire area are looking to appoint an experienced Musical director to take over this well established band.

The band are delighted to have secured promotion to the first section after a third place at the recent Yorkshire Area Championships. This adds to a second place finish at the Butlions Championships in January.

The Band are close to being fully staffed and are currently only advertising for a Bass and Bass Trombone. The Band regularly have full rehearsals and all of the Band are committed to being successful

The Band has a sensible concert programme planned for 2009 and is also competing at Pontins contest in October.

If you are interested please apply in confidence by send your CV to Colin Moss (Band Chairman) at colinmoss@talktalk.net or contact him on 01977 709901. For more details please visit the Bands website at www.kippaxband.co.uk

10. flugelman

flugelman Member

Just a quick reminder that as well as the MD vacancy above the band are still looking for:-

Bass Trombone
    Bass

Come and join us in the first section!!!!

11. flugelman

flugelman Member

To add to the MD vacancy above the Kippax Band are also advertising the following positions:-

Solo Cornet
    Kit Percussion
    Bass

We are pleased to announce though our long search for a Bass Trombone is now finally at an end. More details to follow soon

12. flugelman

flugelman Member

Up to date vacancies

After the recent exciting appointment of David Lancaster as the Kippax Band musical director we now wish to advertise the following positions:-

Cornet
    Kit percussion
    Bass

(positions are negotiable- apart from kit percussion obviously!)

These three positions once filled will return the Band up to full strength

These are exciting times for the Kippax Band. Not only have we appointed an excellent, enthusiastic and motivated MD we are also celebrating promotion to the first section in the Yorkshire area for 2010.

The Kippax Band is based in West Yorkshire, very close to Leeds/Wakefield with easy access to M1, M62 and A1. We are a friendly but ambitious band. Rehearsals are well attended and lots of effort put in, however we also run the Kippax Band Club so we do enjoy a relaxing drink afterwards. We have a steady concert and contest programme planned for 2009.

13. flugelman

flugelman Member

After the recent exciting appointment of David Lancaster as the Kippax Band musical director we still wish to recruit to the following positions:-

Cornet
    Kit percussion
    Bass

(positions are negotiable- apart from kit percussion obviously!)

These three positions once filled will return the Band up to full strength

These are exciting times for the Kippax Band. Not only have we appointed an excellent, enthusiastic and motivated MD we are also celebrating promotion to the first section in the Yorkshire area for 2010.

The Kippax Band is based in West Yorkshire, very close to Leeds/Wakefield with easy access to M1, M62 and A1. We are a friendly but ambitious band. Rehearsals are well attended and lots of effort put in, however we also run the Kippax Band Club so we do enjoy a relaxing drink afterwards. We have a steady concert and contest programme planned for 2009.

14. flugelman

flugelman Member

The Kippax Band is moving in the right direction with David Lancaster now in charge! Now all we need is to fill the above seats. Come on there must be some willing players out there somewhere!!!!

15. flugelman

flugelman Member

New Vacancies

Kippax Band (1st section 2010 Yorkshire area) under our new MD David Lancaster wish to recruit the following-

Solo Cornet

1st horn.

The Band has a sensible concert/contest programme planned for 2009, the next major contest being the Pontins contest in October.

We are based near Leeds with good access to the M1, M62, A1. We attract players from around the county so organising lifts in some cases maybe possible. We would also encourage applications from students attending (or hoping to attend in September 09) University/College in Leeds/Wakefield etc.

We practice on a Mon and Thurs- 8pm until 9.45pm then we have a 30 second walk to the bar in our own band club. We are a sociable bunch led by an extremely enthusiatic and encouaging MD. We predict good times ahead!!

If you are interested please apply in confidence by contacting Colin Moss (Band Chairman)at colinmoss@talktalk.net or contact him on 01977 709901. For more details please visit the Bands website at www.kippaxband.co.uk. Alternatively you could just PM me!

Cheers

David Jackson

16. flugelman

flugelman Member

Still these two vacancies available at Kippax!! Come on get typing!!!

17. flugelman

flugelman Member

We've now had a little bit of interest for these two seats but are still looking to appoint! Come on get in touch, you know you want to!!!

18. flugelman

flugelman Member

Can I also please add that we need a Eb or Bb bass too!! Come on get in touch people!!!!

19. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

hey, i've just moved to leeds a couple of weeks ago. i play eb bass for burbage buxton who a 3rd section midland area. i work not far from kippax (thorpe park) i noticed going back to buxton the other day, but i'm still looking for a flat. any chance i can come over and see what u are about. i do need a bass and know mr butler well if you need a reference!!!

20. TwinnyRB

TwinnyRB New Member

Stella,

Just dropped you a PM, I might be able to help with your accomodation issues.

I also play for Kippax band!

Mr B can vouch for me..............drop me a PM back or call me if your interested.

Cheers

Richard

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice