Kippax Band sign soprano star Peter Roberts

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Bit-part Bari, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Bit-part Bari

Bit-part Bari New Member

Kippax Band are delighted to announce the appointment of Soprano Cornet legend, Peter Roberts.

The ex-Grimethorpe, YBS and Black Dyke star called band chairman Colin Moss, having recently returned to playing after a four-year lay-off.

Colin comments “Peter came along for a blow and within a couple of weeks we were delighted to have secured his signature. To welcome a player of Peter’s calibre to our ranks is a real boost to everyone around the stand. His ability, experience and musicianship will be a real asset to Kippax.”

Peter will make his first concert appearance with Kippax in a few weeks time at our next concert in the Kippax Band Club on 13th November, before a contesting debut at the Leicestershire Brass Band Association Contest on Sunday 27th November 2011.
  2. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

wow, that's a bit of a coup, nice one, i knew it wouldn't be long Pete ;)
  3. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Sounds like an April fools but its October ???
  4. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

Wow and wow again! Unbelievable. Congratulations, Kippax.
  5. agentorange

agentorange Member

6. Getting his lip in for something bigger in 2012 perhaps? He's been sorely missed that's for sure, what a legend
  7. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Bigger than Kippax?
    Hoping to be along for the November concert, for someone familiar with the unique qualities of the Kippax set up, this appointment is not that big a surprise. Good luck to Peter and the band, I'm sure there will be lots of enjoyment for both parties.
  8. silver surfer

silver surfer Member

Well done! Fantastic signing what a player
  9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I think I know where the best instrumentalist prize at Leicester is going... Will definitely come and listen to Kippax play now - it's the 1st section you're competing in, isn't it?
  10. Mossca

Mossca Member

Yes thats right Dave
  11. blue juice

blue juice Member