King's Park Brass, Glasgow

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by davie, Nov 19, 2005.

1. davie

davie New Member

King's Park Brass, based on the south side of Glasgow, was formed around 2 years ago as an evolution of the youth band based in the area. We have an enthusiastic concert audience in King's Park and have been working to build up our profile with concerts around the south side. We rehearse once a week (on Tuesday nights) and don't contest, and through our concerts we hope to dispel the belief that "non-contesting" somehow implies "low-quality"!

The band welcomes new players of any instrument: at the moment we're particularly keen to recruit a bass player, a euph and a couple of cornets (including sop).

We also operate a junior band which at the moment has 7 members under the age of 14, and we would welcome any young brass players from the local schools to come and join us.

If you're interested, check out our website at www.kingsparkbrass.co.uk for more info, drop me a line at dgmpeat@hotmail.com or send me a PM.

2. davie

davie New Member

King's Park Brass would love to recruit a percussionist or two.

If you're interested, or know anyone who might be, there is some info on our website:

http://www.kingsparkbrass.co.uk/newsitem.php?item=news2012-7

For more info, get in touch via the contact details on the website, or send me a PM.