King Charles Cavalier Puppies.... hope you like

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Aug 26, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey All

I may have mentioned the fact my wife purchased two new King Charles Cavalier puppies whilst I was away in SA recently, and that I was going to try out my new Olympus E-510 on some portraits of them. Well, here's my first attempt at dog portraits.

I am trying different borders and frames - nothing too extravagant, but Jen has asked me for some different borders etc so my apologies for the inconsistencies et al.

Hope you enjoy...

(1) Jim - with toy!
    [​IMG]

(2) Jim (left) and Rosie (right)
    [​IMG]

(3) Jim (left) and Rosie (right)
    [​IMG]

(4) Rosie
    [​IMG]

(5) Rosie with toy!
    [​IMG]

More in time... hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

2. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, they look so sweet. Some nice editing there too John. What program are you using for that?

3. TheMusicMan

Editing Di...? the only edits I made to any of these were some slight cropping of some of the images, that's it!

Or - do you mean the borders...? If so, I did those in PhotoShop. I have saved an action that automatically applies these borders to any image I select. I also have a watermark action but haven't applied it in these cases.

Is that what you meant...?

4. Di

Di Active Member

It's the white background. Do you have a "backdrop" then? I presumed you'd "cut them out" and given them a backdrop.

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

How old are the pups? They look like they have developed strong personalities already! :)

6. on_castors

on_castors Member

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sweeeeet! Badger comes over all soppy.
    I've been steadfastly resisting getting a pup but when people put pics like that in front of me...
    BMB
    xx

8. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

king charles cavelier

hi john they look great, have had KCs in the past, Ruby and tri colour, and have been looking around for a rescue Kc they are so faithfull, you will have years of fun with them , am green with envy

9. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

They are lovely John

10. TheMusicMan

Yes Di, whilst I was away on business Jen purchased a nice size of white cloth from Dunelm. I have a black one from there already - they work very well as backdrops. These today were taken out in the sun when the pups were sat on a beanbag. I also used a highlight mode on the camera for some of the shots which emphasises the white/highlight areas.

They are now 10 weeks old today sir :) They do have developing personalities already funnily enough. Jim is waaaay more cwtchy than Rosie, and she is very boisterous. They are gonna be great KC's.

Not heard of that site, will take a look and maybe post some images there.

We've had two for 11 years Dave, but lost one a few months ago unexpectedly - very, very sad time, and having her put to sleep was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. We also still have Belle - the diabetic King Charles :). She's slowly going downhill, but she is a lovely dog, so patient and loving. I have to agree with you that King Charles' are superb family pets they really are.

Thanks... I luv 'em :)

Cheers all. More pics soon.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Charles Cavalier
    puppies
    King
    Charles Cavalier Puppies
    Hey AllI
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Rosie & Jim, eh? Now where have I heard these names before? :rolleyes:

13. TheMusicMan

I know, tell me about it. I was away when Jen was going to Pembroke to a breeder to get one bitch - and couldn't do anything about it when she called me from the breeder saying she was going to purchased two!!

I thought 'Oh my God' when she told me what Heather had decided to call the dog!!

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

They are gorgeous! I'm not a dog lover by any means (I'm a cat person!) but I've always had a soft spot of King Charles spaniels. I'm very jealous!

15. jimortality

jimortality Member

You named one of them after me!!! thanks!

16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Which one? :tongue: :biggrin:

17. jimortality

jimortality Member

18. TheMusicMan

Contender for quote of the year Dave... (sorry Jim!!) :):)

19. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

They're gorgeous. Looks like they really enjoy posing too.

20. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Oh they are sooooo gorgeous. I've just recently (3 months ago!) bought one too. The pics not as good but he's still a darl :D

Although I have now had to purchase 2 new phone chargers, USB for ipod, USB for PDA and this morning he has managed to eat through the laptopwires. Really i do put them awayhe just manages toget at them!

Went for name Oscar. Unfortunately not as in 'Wilde' but more the fact that I've wantched way too many episodes of Hearbeat :oops:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  21. TheMusicMan

He's gorgeous flugel_fancy - looks like he has a bit of lively character about him ;)

PS: I do good puppy portrait rates if you want some :):)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Charles Cavalier
    puppies
    King
    Charles Cavalier Puppies
    Hey AllI