Kinder Scout - George Hespe

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Soil Lover, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Hi All

Your help would be appreciated - in sourcing a set of the march Kinder Scout by George Hespe

I know Simon Kerwin has done an arrangement but I was hoping to purchase a set of the original as I remember playing this when I first started out in Banding and seem to remember it been a good march that audiences enjoyed – even if it was just for its name been that of the local landmark.
    Any help gratefully received
    Marcus Jones
    AKA – Soil Lover
    MD Whaley Bridge Band

AEHOWGATE Member

I don't think this was published.. it was of course the Ferodo band's signature tune, composed for them in the 1950's.

AEHOWGATE Member

... the Kerwin march I comissioned on behalf of New Mills Band.. a great march in it's own right.
  4. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Thanks Aiden - I remember getting told all about Mr Hespe and Ferodo Band by Mr Hill and Jacobs as a young lad (they were next door neighbours to my Nan, God bless them all) - if only I had realised what knowledge they had to give me as a youngster!!!

Is the Kerwin one based on the same melody?

AEHOWGATE Member

Harold Hill had a great career. Cliff Lack is the fountain of knowledge re. Ferodo Band nowadays. Kerwins March is totally different, based around the 1812 overture.