Killamarsh Silver Band - Prinicipal Cornet

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tubafran, Sep 1, 2005.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Due to illness our principal cornet is to take a leave of abscence from playing - this will be for a short period but may be longer; John has had an intermittent illness which is affecting his playing ability and needs the rest to sought this out.

We would be pleased to receive enquires from any cornet player wishing to take on this role and John will be happy to play lower down the line when he returns so this is a permanent position.

The band are non-contesting and based in North East Derbyshire 10 minutes from Junctions 30 and 31 off the M1. Rehearsals are Sunday 5pm to 7pm and Wednesday 7.30pm to 9pm. We have 32 members and plenty of guests that visit - last night we had 30 at rehearsal, all parts are covered and we have plenty of jobs throughout the year.

The band has at least 2 trips a year away, we've just returned from the Czech Republic and we usually have a Lake District weekend although next year we are off to Scotland for the Spring Bank Holiday.

The band has an extensive and constantly replenished library - lots of new and exciting music to play.

If you are interest please contact me by pm or you can check my phone number on our band website. The band also has an excellent social scene so if you fancy the challenge and can live without contesting Killamarsh is the place to be.
  2. Good luck with that, and I hope John gets better soon.

This is a really friendly band, good selection of music, serious without the stresses of contesting but good fun all the same!! Ideal for people who want to be part of brass bands without the competitions! The social life is the best bar none and the Lakes and European tours are not to be missed!!