Kidlington Concert Brass, near Oxford

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by MoominDave, Aug 18, 2003.

1. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Kidlington Concert Brass (MD Catherine Underwood), Championship section, based in Kidlington, 5 miles North of Oxford, handy for the M40, are short of

2nd Horn
    2nd Baritone

We also welcome enquiries from other players!

Our website is at www.kidlingtonconcertbrass.org.uk.

Pete Howell (Bandmaster): 07740 854911 / 01865 516451
    John or Catherine Underwood: 01869 325068

or PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Catherine Underwood
    Oxford
    Kidlington
    Horn 2nd Baritone
    Kidlington Concert Brass
  3. MoominDave

Kidlington Concert Brass, near Oxford , Championship section

We require an Eb Bass, a Bb Bass and a Percussionist.

We would also be very interested in hearing from Euph and/or Bari players who are willing to commit to regular rehearsals.

Kidlington Concert Brass is a friendly and relaxed band that plays to a high standard for a concert and contest schedule which is regular but not impractically busy. PM me for info, or ring our secretary, John Underwood, on 01869 325068.

Our website is linked to in my signature...

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

:eek::eek: Awww... no tMP link or info on your pages Dave...:(

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

But for the rest I can confirm that they are a very friendly and relaxed band, full of wonderfull people! If you think you could be the right person to fil their vacancies, don't hesitate to do so!

;)

6. MoominDave

I'll get onto our webmaster right away...

And many thanks for the plug, Jan; are you popping by again any time soon?

7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Not very likely, I'm afraid...

Or at least not for business...

8. MoominDave

Link added :tup

I'm sure a holiday in the beautiful village of Kidlington is just what you need, Jan. Guaranteed to lift anyone's soul with its cheerily naff suburban architecture.

9. persins

persins Member

I pass Kidlington quite often for my job and have often thought about popping along for a rehearsal at some point. What nights do you rehearse.

I could not do either Mondays or Thursdays as I am committed to SWT Woodfalls but wouldn't mind helping out if I'm available and / or needed!

10. MoominDave

We'd welcome you with open arms, Simon - on a Monday or a Thursday... (Those being our rehearsal nights too)

Give us a bell if you ever do fancy coming along.

11. lucretia

lucretia Member

Kidlington Concert Brass, Championship section near Oxford - Basses wanted

Kidlington Concert Brass (www.kidlingtonconcertbrass.org.uk) is a friendly and relaxed band that plays to a high standard (placed 3rd at the Area contest this year) for a concert and contest schedule which is regular but not impractically busy.

We welcome all new players of a championship standard, but in particular we are looking for both Eb and Bb bass players. Tuned percussionists would also be very welcome!

PM me for info, or contact our secretary, John Underwood, at secretary@kidlingtonconcertbrass.org.uk.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Catherine Underwood
    Oxford
    Kidlington
    Horn 2nd Baritone
    Kidlington Concert Brass
  13. MoominDave

Principal Euphonium, Oxford, Championship section

Kidlington Concert Brass (5 miles North of central Oxford), an established Championship section band recently placed 4th in the L&SC area qualifying contest, will be requiring a principal euphonium player as of August, when our current principal is being posted to Scotland.

Applications to the musical director, Catherine Underwood, on 01869 325068 / catherine@jcu.me.uk, please.

14. MoominDave

Kidlington (champ section) - temporary MD after areas

Kidlington Concert Brass (well placed in L&SC championship section - 3rd and 4th last two years at areas) would like to hear from established conductors interested in taking us for a short spell - until the summer, specifically to prepare for a job in St James' Park on Aug 9th. There is also the possibility that we will attend a contest in this time - maybe Buxton in early May.

Our long-term MD, Catherine Underwood, will be taking a temporary break from our twice-a-week rehearsals (Mon/Thu in Kidlington centre, 5 miles North of Oxford centre) while she prepares and undertakes exam season in her day job, as head of music at Sponne School in Towcester.

If you are interested in taking the whole of this period, a fraction of it, or simply the odd rehearsal, please contact Catherine and John Underwood on 01869 325068. Alternatively, PM me for more info.

15. MoominDave

Kidlington Concert Brass (Championship section, Oxford area) - basses, percussionists

Kidlington Concert Brass (championship section band based 5 miles North of central Oxford) invite interest from accomplished bass and percussion players, to strengthen these sections of the band.

There is flexibility within the bass section, and so either Eb or BBb players would be suitable.

For further information, contact the chairman, Nigel Membury, on 07828 068212.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  16. MoominDave

1st trombone, percussion, euphonium

Due to relocation, we now require a 1st trombone urgently.
    Another regular percussionist would also be much appreciated.

Due to upcoming relocations, we will also be requiring euphoniums later in the year. Please do get in touch now; we can chat about arrangements.

There is some flexibility in this area of the band, so a bass trombone could also allow us to fill the gap.

For details, contact me by PM, or phone on 07969 000746.

With the band's first relegation in over 30 years, after 17 unbroken years in the championship section, we are looking to get back to top section contesting quickly.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  17. Dave is that right that you maybe looking fopr a new conductor?

18. LynneW

LynneW Member

19. MoominDave

In fact we have just appointed Duncan Wilson - see
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40877
    http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?offset=25&id=11339
    http://www.kidlingtonconcertbrass.org.uk/News.aspx

Duncan has been working in support of Catherine for the last few months, and has impressed us all with his enthusiasm, knowledge, and musical perception. When Catherine announced that she was going to have to step down (well before the area contest, I might add), he was the obvious choice to replace her.

Catherine has conducted the band for a very long spell, and her departure marks the end of an era. She won't be disappearing off though, I'm sure.

Edit: Beat me to it, Lynne!

20. MoominDave

1st trombone, solo euphonium, percussion

The 1st trombone and percussion seats are still vacant and awaiting the right applicants.
    One half of our new euph section is now in place, but we will still be in need of a solo euphonium after the current incumbent moves to Manchester in the summer, where I'm sure he'll make some band very happy.

Any interest - drop me a line on 07969 000746, email me on d@dt79.co.uk, or PM me.

21. MoominDave

Solo euphonium, Solo Eb bass, percussion

We are in need of a strong player to lead our bass section following the graduation from university of the incumbent.

The solo euph seat is still awaiting the right player, and a regular percussion team would be a fine thing.

Lifts from Oxford for students can be arranged; other players travel from various directions.

Contact me on the details given a couple of posts above.

22. MoominDave

We are still in need of solo euph, strong basses and percussion. Where are you all hiding??

Incidentally, could a passing kindly Mod please remove the words "Championship section" from the thread title, as we are relegated to the 1st section for 2011?