Kidlington appoint Duncan Wilson

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Bass Trumpet, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I am very pleased to announce that I have just been appointed Musical Director of Kidlington Concert Brass. This is with immediate effect and I will take over the helm from this week.

However, I must pay a huge tribute to the work of Catherine Underwood, who has conducted the band for 17 (I think) years. She has had to step down due to work and family commitments, but I sincerely hope she will be on hand to keep me on the straight and narrow!

The band has a busy schedule of concerts and contests in 2010 and I look forward to getting my teeth in! There is a great atmosphere in the bandroom and I am very optimistic about the future.

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Good Luck Duncan. I visited the band a couple of times during business trips to Oxford a couple of years ago, and they all were very nice to me :)

3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Keep an eye on that dodgy bass trom player Duncan :D

4. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

:clap: I was going to say that!

5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Oy Butler! :hammer Be nice!!!! ;)

6. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

and the 2nd trom player as well, his mum might even knit you a lovely tank top:D

7. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I'm not sure what I've let myself in for now....:eek:

8. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

You should of asked us first !!!!:biggrin:

9. NeilW

NeilW Member

Yes. Welcome, Duncan.

At least the baritone section are polite - and we even play the notes sometimes!

See you Monday, I believe!