Key Signatures on the web...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jingleram, Mar 8, 2006.

1. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Hi there, for A-Level music harmony, each time we do some cadence work, we have to write out the key signature, and all the related keys, with chords 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 of each key...each time! Obviously this is very time consuming, so I hit upon the bright idea of just taking some time to write out all of these for every key in one go!
    Great idea you may say, but this will be no easy - or short- task. What, with 12 major and 12 minor keys, and 5 triadic chords to write for each, it will take some doing.
    Soooooo, I was wondering if anyone knew of any such thing done already on the web? Would be great if you could help me out.
    p.s. if the above does not make sense or is hard to comprehend, someone please mention this and I will try and re-phrase it lol. Thanks.
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Most of the music-notation software out there has a transposition function, so you could do C, do the chords once, change the key signature and transpose the chords, etc.

Of course, you'd have to have the software. :)
  3. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Hmm this is true, maybe I should have thought of this! Yes I do have the software, and shall experiment!
  4. Moggy

Moggy New Member

5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

you ahve to draw it out?! i just have to write the letter names...

talking of harmony.. better get on with some coursework..
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member