Kevin Gibbs Leaves Flixton after 3 happy years

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Mike Rowley, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Mike Rowley

Mike Rowley Member

Flixton Band regrets to announce that Musical Director Kevin Gibbs has resigned from the band after 3 highly successful years.

The Kirkby Lonsdale Contest held last Sunday, was to be Kevin’s final appearance as MD, and it certainly was a day to remember, with Flixton winning 5 trophies:-
    Best 3rd Section band.
    Best March.
    Best Hymn tune.
    Best Overall band.
    Prize for the Winning Conductor.

Kevin said “I have had a great 3 years with Flixton Band, during which time we have achieved a formidable list of contest successes. I feel however, that the time is now right for me to move on, in order to pursue new opportunities and projects. The band is currently in good form, having recently won at Buxton, and at Whit Friday.
    Winning 5 trophies at Kirkby Lonsdale last Sunday, will certainly be a day I will always remember, and was a fantastic way to leave the band.”

After the Kirkby Lonsdale contest was over, the members of Flixton Band presented Kevin with a farewell gift.
    Flixton Band would like to thank Kevin for the hard work which he has put into the development of the band over the last 3 years, and all of the band members wish him well for the future.

An advertisement regarding the position of Musical Director will shortly be posted.
  2. leisa

leisa Active Member

Kevin joined the band just before i left Flixton and i think he has done brilliantly well with the band in the time hes been there, i remember the 1st contest we did with him at rhyl and we came 3rd it was the first top 3 result i have ever personally had with a 'none youth' band.

best of luck to kev in his future conducting and to the band on finding a new conductor, you're a fab bunch of people and i am sure it wont be too hard to get you someone else!

well done at kirby its well deserved!!!

Loadsa love Leisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :biggrin:
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

This will be a shame for Flixton band as I know Kevin has done a tremendous job with all the team there. Good luck for Flixton band in whoever you find as a replacement, and good luck to Kevin in whatever your next projects are.