Keeping Kitties Amused..?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by flugelgal, Aug 4, 2004.

1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

The farmer is spraying the field next to my house and I've been advised to keep all "children and domestic animals" away from it for several days. Obviously I can't say "don't go in the field" to my 2 cats so I'm going to have to keep them indoors when they're used to going out pretty much whenever they want (most of the time... :? ).

Does anyone have any ideas for me to keep them amused while they can't go out?

Should I get a bunny costume and run around the house for them to chase? :shock:

Should I get kitty harnesses so that I can walk them in "non-sprayed" areas?

:?:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kitties
    animals
    kitty harnesses
    most
    anyone
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Bit of cat nip, my cat used to love to roll in that, thought it was great.

Entertainmentwise, a couple of ping pong balls. They'll bat those round and chase em for ages. Then they'll be too tired to even think of going outside. :wink:

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

catnip certainly works a treat! :lol:

5. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

String!!! They love the stuff just make it dance, also make sure you dont over feed em just coz they happen to be there! i did that once, keep the active lots of fuss will me fine! box s too work

6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

a plasma telly, an x-box and a fridge full of stella...

7. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

What about games for the x-box?

8. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

My cat likes socks!!!!

9. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

A Puppy??????

10. dazzyboy

dazzyboy Member

Sit them inffont of PC and make them watch this....kept me entertained for a while!!

11. dazzyboy

dazzyboy Member

Or even this!!! WARNING..DO NOT CLICK IF EITHER YOU, YOUR CATS OR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR ARE EPILEPTICS. COZ THIS ANIMATION CONTAINS STROBE EFFECTS!! unless of course you want to.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kitties
    animals
    kitty harnesses
    most
    anyone
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

You could always recover minstrel from the BB house :!: :shock: :wink:

14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Have a look through the BB house forum, we had a kitten in there for a while!

15. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Buy a parrot or minah bird.
    Teach it the summons that you use for your cats.
    Sit back and be amused.

16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

they came with it..

17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

One of the best kitty amusements is a laser pointer (you can use a flashlight if you don't have one, but it doesn't work quite as well).

Shine the beam on the floor and they'll chase it for hours. They'll even chase it up walls:)

18. Di

Di Active Member

Yes craigy poo you did have a kitten in the house for a while. But did you not try to KILL her rather than ENTERTAIN her? :shock: :(

19. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

You could leave your frozen joint of lamb for sunday tea to defrost on worktop an a cat somehow mysteriously get in during the night an eat it!-We don't even own a cat!

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Pick a room in your house they really shouldn't go into, (baby's room, important computer room etc) leave the door open.
    Keep yourself and them fit and amused by constantly chasing them out. It's the only room they'll want to be in.

Our cat used to like climbing in and out of large paper bags...
    bmb
    xx

21. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

One of our used to be entertained for hours when we threw ping pong balls into the big paper bags that Ikea used to have. She would either follow it into the bag or wait for it to come out the other side.

We used to be in hysterics watching her. :lol: