Keeping it clean

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Dec 14, 2004.

?

How do you keep it clean?

1. bath

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. shower

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. bath and shower

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. bucket of water and scrubbing brush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. bring back the tin bath in front of the fire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. none (of your business)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. ju33les

ju33les Member

Just wondered :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
  3. Di

Di Active Member

If you're talking what I think you're talking about :shock: its goddards foaming polish in the bath, then shower it down let shower pipe run throught all the tubes.

If thats not what you're talking about, the MYOB! :biggrin:;)

4. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

mmm, I'll have to try that one. As for cleaning my instrument.................

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Shower to "keep it clean", but a nice hot bath to warm up after caroling out in the cold.

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

What's this foaming polish your on abooooot Dinie? Am interested :)

7. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

hello friends,
    as you might guess, mines rather old and not much use to anyone! however, our ada like to buff it up sometines so i can proudly show it off to the neighbours. unfortunately, over time it seems to respond less and less to the good polishing it gets from ada, however vigourous she gets.

i'm beginning to think that mayber its time to store it away for good, for all the effect it seems to have. i remember standing to attention, instrument in hand, with great pride with our ada looking on. these days though, what with me age, i can barely get anything useful to come out of it-which is obviously why i decided i was far too old for it

regards

uncle eric

p.s. i prefer brasso

8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Either or...the novelty of baths is great at the moment (don't have one at uni) but I do like a good shower

9. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

If you had one the size of mine, you'd know it wouldn't even fit in the shower. So it's the bath for me twice a year wether it needs it or not!! (urghhh phew [​IMG])

10. Di

Di Active Member

Available in places like wilkos and supermarkets.

Comes in dark blue pastic tub and its called Goddards Silver Foaming Polish.

Comes with sponge, you wet sponge dip in polish, rub on silver, rinse off with water. Much easier to remove and get clean than using old fashion duraglit that needs a lot of elbow polish and still leaves smudges in those difficult to get areas.

11. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

The euph I borrow from the band I generally use in the bath, but the minute it's dry it looks just as it did before. It's pretty beyond repair due to years of kids dropping it and playing it with sticky hands. With my own euph though I generally just wash it through with warm water and use a silver colth on the outiside.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
  13. ju33les

ju33les Member

;) just wondered why the majority think I'm talking about how you keep your instument clean??!!;) :-D

14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I was talking about keeping my person clean and then felt quite stupid as nobody else seemed to be talking about that..... I'm all for personal hygiene, if my instrument can't learn to wash itself then I'm not going to do it for it

15. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Well, I think that Uncle Eric's 'double entendre' should go as a late entry into the tMP awards.