Keegan Sacked

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by LeDragon, Sep 2, 2008.

1. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

According to Sky Sports News. I have to say that I didn't see that one coming - not so soon anyway.
  2. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

that's fantastic.
  3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Wasn't it that he walked out after not being allowed to actually choose the players he wanted to bring in?
    Thats what it said on the radio anyway.
    They were saying fans were already outside the stadium chanting "board out" and the such.

If he was sacked I am incredibly surprised because they made such a big deal of getting him back. If he left then he had his reasons.
  4. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I'm just going off the info bar at the bottom of the page on Sky Sports News - it's saying that he's actually been sacked.

There's been no official word from Keegan or the club as of yet though so don't know for sure if he's been sacked or walked.
  5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

The word is that he refused to resign, so Ashley simply canned him out of hand.

As I just posted in the 'how are your team doing' thread:

My only hope is that Ashley has comitted professional suicide and won't last long. He simply HAS to go. He's already more hated than Doug Ellis ever was at villa.

I could get worse though. We could yet end up with that muppet Dennis "Jimmy Cranky" Wise in charge!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

He hasn't been sacked apparently. According to SSN anyway. Doesn't mean to say he hasn't walked though..............the pantomime continues then.
  7. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I certainly hope not TB! No manager at St james has'nt lasted that long since well...........
  8. Thirteen Ball

Just seen on the BBC Website.

Sums it all up rather nicely.

Whether he jumped or was pushed (We await official confirmation either way) it's yet another dark day for the magpies.

Sometimes I hate this flippin club.
  9. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Wow thirteen ball looking at the "hows your team" thread you predicted all this a month ago.

Maybe that Abu Dhabi United Group might want another team after taking over man city yesterday? they have enough money i would think.
  10. brassbandmaestro

Nuke we need something like that at St James's. Keegan said that, at the close of last season, we will never be in the top 5, unless we have the input of the financial structure that those clubs have.(or something similar).
  11. T Winch

T Winch Member

Well according to Look North news, the club has announced that he hasn't gone and is an important part of their plans :-?

To coin a phrase "I'm lovin it!" :biggrin:
  12. brassbandmaestro

So whats happening then???
  13. Thirteen Ball

I don't think even god knows what's happening at St Jim's, BBM. First he's gone, then he hasn't, I suspect Ashley may have realised the depth of feeling there is surrounding KK within the core support - and that the fans would be much rather without Ashley, than without Keegan.

He could be trying to get the toothpaste back in the tube.

The long and the short of it, is that there is no steady hand on the tiller, and I don't see how the club can possibly go forward in this manner. Ashley has to go. Whether Keegan stays or not is a matter of debate as I personally doubt he could ever recreate the class of '95 without the money that squillionare investors from overseas are currently throwing around a-la man city et al.

As for this whole episode, bunfights and bakeries do spring to mind.

Thanks for the big-up, Nuke, but all this nonsense wasn't difficult to see coming. It can't have been if even I spotted it that far back!!! ;) Keegin, for all his faults (like...defending?) is a man of principle, wears his hear on his sleeve and says what he thinks. That was always going to bring him to blows with a money-at-all-costs plutocrat like Ashley - who obviously expected the league title in his first season! Much as Keegan obviously loves newcastle united, he's never going to compromise his own honour to stay there.

That's why he walked away from england after the germany defeat. Not because he couldn't hack the pressure, because in his heart he felt he'd let the country down.

Let's remember, just because the club say they haven't sacked him, doesn't mean he hasn't had enough and walked on his own.

Either way, we are once again the laughing stock of the football league - which happens far too regularly for me. We need to stop lurching from crisis to crisis and build stability.

What am I saying, we need to avoid the drop first....
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  14. brassbandmaestro

Well said TB. Ive always said the club needs stability. To get that we continuity. If we dont have these two on the agenda, then the club wont move on and it will be a sorry state of affairs. Mike /ashley should go, and the board and get some like minded high financial flyers in do start cash rolling again.
  15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

16. brassbandmaestro

Confucious reigns.
  17. Thirteen Ball

Please note, folks, and absence of information is in itself indicative.

Newcastle are saying keegan has not been sacked...

The LMA are saying he hasn't resigned...

Keegan himself is saying..... nothing.

Guaranteed the LMA will be the last to hear anything worthwhile, and the club will say whatever shifts the blame away from them.

When we hear what KK has to say, then maybe we'll start to get a clue what the hell is going on.
  18. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Typical of the Toon, not in the news for any positive reason for a while, no money, no signings, so what do we do, stir everything up with the gaffer.

From a personal point of view, i thought this would end in tears. Allardyce is probably glad he got pushed out when he did.

Its the trouble with these 'business men' who have no idea how to run a football club. They wade in with their own ideas how to sort it all out just because they've been successful in some other form of business.

Make no mistake, Ashley WILL walk if and when he can make a decent profit, just a case of waiting for another mug to stump up the cash!

Keegan was also quite naive to think he could just continue like before, Newcastle arent one of the richest clubs anymore who can just go and buy, Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Asprilla etc etc etc. Maybe King Kev, didnt think it through.

Maybe he's been offered a 'director of football' role at Man City...........:wink:
  19. Thirteen Ball

You're certainly correct on that. We don't have the money to throw at big-name signings like some clubs do.

However on and the fans have been asking where the £115m profit made last year has gone - the only answer anyone can say for definite is "Not into the squad."

My guess is, it's in Mike "Doug Ellis" Ashley's back pocket.
  20. brassbandmaestro

Indeed. He does'nt care about the squad. If he he did, he would be doing something more about this current situation.