Keegan back at the toon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bayerd, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Kevin Keegan has just been appointed successor to Sam Alladyce.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kevin Keegan
    Sam Alladyce
    toon Kevin Keegan
    successor
  3. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

YEEEEEEHAHHHHHHH!

THE CRAZY DAYS OF KAMIKAZEE FOOTBALL WILL BE BACK :biggrin:

4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Get in!!!!!

:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

5. David Mann

David Mann Member

That'll end in tears (again)

6. weenie

weenie Member

I hope Keegan does well at Newcastle, they deserve it, but is he the right man for the job (again?) Plus, will they give the man time to build a team worthy of what Newcastle deserve.........we'll wait and see!

7. T Winch

T Winch Member

What an excellent appointment!! I couldn't be more happy :clap:

8. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Is he still there? Must be at least 12 hrs since he was appointed... ;)

9. Bungle

Bungle Member

My thoughts exactly. I hope he does well and he is a bit of character, but what was he thinking. He should have just accepted the position 'till the end of the season and seen how it went. A championiship promotion manager is about the limit of his expertise (which might be handy). Can't see Newcastle getting into the European competition qualification places in the premiership. Can we add a poll to this thread as to how long we expect him to last, selections would be end of 2008 season, christmas 2008, end of 2009 season, that should do it. It's going to be the football equivalent of car crash TV.

10. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Why do they deserve it? The team with the most over-inflated opinion of themselves in the country.

11. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

............apart from Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool - you forgot to add! ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kevin Keegan
    Sam Alladyce
    toon Kevin Keegan
    successor
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I'd love it, absolutely love it, if he got sacked before the end of the season.

I know, we can't find a manager so we'll go back in time and get a legend from a few years ago to take over. What can go wrong? Well, if the Manchester United model is anything to go by, relegation to the Championship (it was the second division then for all you history buffs) and a depressingly long time in the football wilderness. Since Newcastle have already achieved this, what have they got to lose?

14. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

They at least win things. Newcastle aren't in the same group as them.

15. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I agree entirely but it doesn't stop those four having a bigger over-inflated opinion of themselves

16. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I can't help but detect your sarcasm Trevor!

17. T Winch

T Winch Member

No sarcasm intended. I honestly think it's their best appointment since Ruud Gullit. (Well from my point of view anyway :biggrin:)

18. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Fair enough pal. I definatley reckon he's gonna do the club some benefit, as long as we thrash the mackems I'll be happy!!! ;););)

19. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I get the feeling though that any mackem who mocks this appointment does it whilst feeling a little uneasily, cos for all they can mock, we were pretty damn good last time round under KK (unlike the comparable scumderland team of that era) and I can't believe there's not the tiniest concern that this, once again, might just turn out to be an inspired appointment!

20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What of Michael Owen? A matter of kissing and making up appointing him captain?

21. geordiecolin

Oh be quiet Daniel.

If nothing else, we deserve something good to watch, not many teams would have taken 4000 - 5000 away to Blackburn or Wigan to watch the garbage churned out under Allardyce.

22. geordiecolin

Possibly a bit of making up, but he's allowed nowhere near the captains armband!