Keane leaves Man Utd!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Nov 18, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's true, he's left!! Gone by mutual consent.

Sounds to me like he and a certain manager stopped seeing eye to eye on one too many things!!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Personally although I appreciate he's a good player when he's in the right frame of mind, he always came over as a little bit too much of a thug to me. He's become too disruptive in the Utd dressing room and I actually think it's a good thing for the club now he's gone. Now maybe they can get on without the constant moaning and let the manager run things how he wants to.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Keane
    Man Utd
    good thing
    eye
    bad thing
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Is he a free agent then.

Come on up to Parkhead Keano just in time for the Rangers game. Wonder if we'll see him in the directors box tomorrow.

4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I would not be surprised if he is shortly announced as the new manager of The Republic of Ireland.

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's great! Love to see Man Ure washing their dirty linen in public like this! Plus, it means they have to do with Alan Smith in midfield now! And according to the papers today, it looks like Real Madrid will scupper their attempt to sign Michael Ballack.

Happy days!

6. Forget that , he's coming to Burton Albion it's obvious.

We played Man United youth/reserves monday night and he didn't play ,well you wouldn't play against your new club your going to join would you? :biggrin:

We have the forest and Clough link and we have 2 Irish players in our team.

We're also in the fa cup 2nd round after dispatching with Peterborough.

New ground ,Sir Alex wasn't just there to open the ground , it was to complete the transfer I'm sure ;)

What more does Keane want?

7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Not sure what more Keane whats but I think my friend you need a lie down in a dark room! :wink:

Having said he is a disruption in the dressing room etc I would love to see him at Carrow Road tomorrow if only to remove a certain Mr Worthington.

8. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Apparently, or so i heard on the grapevine that Roy Keane is desperate to be on TV playing in the 2nd round of the FA cup live on the BBC, and his favourite colours are Blue and White so its obvious he's agreed to take a big pay cut and join the mighty Terriers of Huddersfield Town. :biggrin:

That way he can draw Man Utd in the 3rd round of the FA cup, give 'em a good thrashing and brag to Fergie... ;)

9. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Great news for Manure this - ''has been'' Keane has not been up to the task for ages, his riddiculous outburst the other week against his fellow professionals smacks of a man desperate to cling onto his perceived authority when in all essesnce its long gone.

Manager of ROI??? well that will put an end to any hope they had of being successful.

maybe Patrick V should transfer in Keans place just think how long that would keep the media occupied!!!

10. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

So that's one embarrassing has been gone and one left to go!!!

11. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

As I understand it, there was going to be no new contract for Keane because he wanted the same terms and the United board weren't prepared to pay the same money. It's a shame that Keano has had to leave OT in this way, but on reflection, maybe this is the only way he was ever going to leave.

I suspect that Keane will end up either at Parkhead or as manager of ROI. Either way, I'm sure he'll do a great job. I'd love to see him back at OT as manager one day.

In terms of a replacement, United / the Glazers need to think big and pay money for a world class replacement. I do think that for all Keane was the heart and soul of the side for the last decade, United's decline in the last couple of seasons is in no small part due to Keane's decline on the pitch. I can see United going after Duscher, Viera or Ballack.

Still, I'm not too down-hearted. United have bounced back before when big names have left, e.g. Robson, Ince, Cantona, Hughes, and we've always survived.

On top of that, I've got a CD recording tonight, and I turn 32 in the morning.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Keane
    Man Utd
    good thing
    eye
    bad thing
  13. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Another legend has left to join the likes of Edwards, Charlton, Best, Law, Robson, Cantona etc , etc.

For all of you lot trying to knock him, just try looking at how much he has won in a truly great career at a truly great club!

The king is dead, long live the king - rooney, rooney, rooney !

14. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

a little lat, Mr Viera left in the summer and Mr Henry will go next year !

15. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Whatever!!! Talk to the hand (etc. etc.)

16. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

DIRTY SCUMBAG!!

Should have beened banned from the game for life after admitting deliberately ending Alfie Inge Haalands career!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

17. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I admit that he has been good for Utd, however I do feel his Ego got the better of him in the end, and I do wonder about his potential to be a good manager.

A good manager will never publicly slate his men like Keane did a few weeks back. If he becomes a manager of a team and starts doing that he will lose the dressing room straight away.

I admit he has been an integral part of Utd over the years but there is no way he is bigger than the club and I think in the end he started to believe he was.

18. HSB

HSB Member

A true great, our Keano. The fact that fans of every other club hate him so much only proves what a player he was for United. He'd run his legs off for you and usually be in the right place to break down the opposition's attack or keep United's moving. Box to box there's been no-one better in the game (least not that I know).

Highlight for me his performance in Turin against Juventus. Having been yellow carded and so banned from the final, where many other players would let there heads drop, he carried on like a man possessed to make sure the team made it.

Love him or hate him (I feel there is no halfway with Keano), you have to wish that some of our overpaid, over-pampered stars of today showed half the heart he has when crossing that touchline. He'd have been first on the team sheet of any Premiership manager with half a brain over the last ten years.

United fans will be singing his name for years to come (as they still do with Cantona).

Whatever he goes on to do now I wish him well, but his best years were devoted to United and for that we will never forget him. Read his autobiography for a true insight into modern football, written by a true great of the game (albeit in wax crayon!).

There's only one Keano....

19. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I have it on good authority from a reputable source that keano will end up at Parkhead but not until January. Seems to be some problem with the money and we may have to move someone on to be able to afford his demands. I would be very unhappy if we sold someone like Petrov to make way for Roy Keane. Wouldn't be too unhappy if we lost Lennon though.

20. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

It says a lot about Keane that though past his prime, an item appears on the BBC website saying clubs are queuing up to sign him. He may not have been playing his best in recent years but just his presence on the field at OT will be missed.