Karaoke song

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I have just been reminded of a very heavy night where I was rather drunkenly inspired by love, honour and obey, to do an attempt at Avenues and Alleyways on the karaoke in front of about 15 mates and a bar full of people. :frown:

This I had forgotten about, didnt even remember the morning after. :D

Whats your Karaoke song??

Can You Do It Sober??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    karaoke
    front
    Avenues and Alleyways
    SIZE
    Karaoke song
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

The only song I ever sing at a Karaoke is Crazy by Patsy Kleine (not sure if name spelled correctly). And no, never, ever, sung sober! If you ever heard me 'sing', you would know why I have to be very drunk before I will get up and 'clear the room'! Think of XFactor, I would be the one of those that are repeatedly shown as 'worst auditions'. :redface:

But hey, that's the beauty of having Karaoke's in pubs! You've got the excuse of 'too much to drink'. ;)

4. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

We have singstar on playstation. It's always the ones that say no never in a million years that you have to drag the microphone from....

I don't have a favorite, and I don't have to be drunk either!

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

My song is Maggie May by Rod Stewart...one chap who's karaoke it was once gave me the details of a talent show he thought I should enter, but when it came round to it I bottled it and didn't enter.
    And no, I don't have to be drunk to do it, but a couple of swift ones always gets me up there a bit quicker.

I'll have a go at anything really, but experience has told me that I don't have the upper register that Freddie Mercury did, although i do like doing "Crazy little thing called love" and "Don't stop me now".
    My "Find me somebody to love" sounds like someone standing on a cat!.

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Me and two mates did "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'" at a uni ball years ago. All music students and we all started in different keys. It went downhill from there....

never again..:oops:

7. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I remember me and a friend doing Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much" on holiday in the summer of my GCSE year. Don't think I've ever done any karaoke since then, I've even managed to avoid it at the band dinner for the last 3 years!

My housemates seem to think that I can automatically sing just cos I'm a music student (they obviously haven't heard me yet).

8. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Never done it sober... but me and my mate did Points Of Authority by Linkin Park.

It was awful! but I was so drunk I didn't care. Everytime I hear it now my body starts to shudder.

Also done You've Lost That Loving Feeling... al la Top Gun.

9. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

I try to sing The Hedgehog Song, but the guy who runs the karaoke at the Mended Drum don't have it me darlings

10. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've done Black Velvet Sober at home (that took some doing!), done loads of kareoke here with the girls, but my favourite was when i did wonderwall on my own, the bar was packed and everyone was loving it so i had everyone signing along to me, very popular song! :) Great night!! :)

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ooh yeah, I like doing "Brown Eyed Girl" too!!

And Otis reddings "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    karaoke
    front
    Avenues and Alleyways
    SIZE
    Karaoke song
  13. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Like that one, you'll have to sing when we come to visit :)

14. Aaron

Aaron Member

I have dabbled in the 'art' of kareoke many a time...i even requested it for my 18th!!
    I am most known for belting out the following:
    'When you say nothing at all' by Ronan Keating
    'Angels' by Robbie
    & my fave..'The Wonder of You' by the mighty Elvis!

I dont think i have ever attempted any of these sober...nor will ever do so!!

15. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Anything by Neil Diamond, Chas and Dave and also do a mean Ace of Spades

16. Flugel_Player

Flugel_Player Member

Mmmm.. karaoke now theres something to think about

17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Youll Never Walk Alone
    as you know i am a LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL FAN:biggrin:
    So it as to be the only one for me
    COME ON RAFAS RED ARMY!!!!

18. Chris Sanders

You... A Liverpool Fan... REALLY... Never have guessed by the proud signature

19. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Very Funny my friend :clap: :biggrin: :clap:

20. Chris Sanders

You have the right to be, I only wish my blues were as successful...

21. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

The trouble with KARAOKE is that the songs are in the key they were originally performed in, so, much as I would like to sing "Just a little bit more" (Dr Hook) or "When I saw her standing there" (Beatles), they are too high for me. So my KARAOKE repertoire is: "Kiss" (Tom Jones version), "New York New York" (Frank Sinatra), "I like it" (Gerry and the Pacemakers), and "Lyin' Eyes" (Eagles). I have also added a new one recently, "Beyond the sea" (Bobby Darrin), which I had to learn when I sang it with Flixton Band in a concert! I would love do indulge myself in "It's over" (Level 42), but it's a bit too miserable for KARAOKE. By the way SANDMAN, I didn't realise that the fabulous Tony Christie song "Avenues and Alleyways" was there, next time I am in a KARAOKE situatiion, I will look for it.

22. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Reminds me of when I was compereing a KARAOKE competition some years ago at HUYTON LABOUR CLUB - (for those who don't know, Huyton is a suberb of Liverpool, it was also Harold Wilson's constituancy) - anyway, back to the plot. I ended the evening by getting everyone to sing "You'll never walk alone". Now, I know as much about football as a footballer knows about brass bands! My assistant Tim, (no, I am not losing the plot, he had the same name), came to me with a look of concern. He had been collecting in the books, request slips and pens, (yes, there were some left, even though it was Liverpool), and told me that there some "Evertonians" in, and my life was in danger. The East Lancashire Road was a cloud of dust that night.