Kapitol Promotions to purchase theMouthpiece.com

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Bob Sherunkle, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Just kidding!!!

2. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I wouldn't have worried anyway. The world is coming to an end today, according to newspaper reports. So this is your last chance to get those registration cards off to BBP.
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

According to an article on the radio last night, it could be on the 24th. Something to do with the counting system they used leads, apparently, to some uncertainty or quantum effect or summat!
  4. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

What really gets my goat about the apocalypse today is not so much that it is going to happen but that it was announced without any prior consultation with those affetced.

Still it's not the end of the world is it?

Oh hang on....
  5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

This just made me laugh out loud, loling i believe this is called.

We should have a "Bob's Corner" section on here, as a beacon sh*ts and giggles in the midst of all the other doom and gloom posts!
  6. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Wouldn't they just start their own site, and insist everyone use it?

7. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

M'learned colleague Sherunkle may be on to something here. The good book tells us that in the last days the anti-christ will arise and cause all to accept a mark without which no one can buy or sell , and indeed the acceptance of said mark will cause eternal damnation , burning in fiery pits and gnashing of teeth etc etc.

I suggest that biblical scholars got this wrong. Given the coincidence of the end of the world with recent registry-related shenanigans (ps are there any threads where I could read about this , and could you suggest any TmP'ers with strong views either way ?? :) ) this was obviously a mis-translation and I posit that it refers to the spawn of beelzebub causing all to recieve some token without which one cannot compete in any upcoming contests.

Is there any person / organisation that would fit in with this scenario ??

Lastly , again biblical tradition suggests that the end of days will be heralded by the archangel sounding the trump ( cornet ?? ). For the sake of clarity , would said archangel be registered with BBBR or BBPL and depending on which would there be grounds for appeal in the event of personal relegation to the sulphurous pyres of torment without end on the grounds of invalid registration documents ?

These are indeed godless times brothers and sisters.
  8. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Further to my post above , if only there was some religious organisation that could provide us with guidance in these matters of weighty theological debate ? One that perhaps has an understanding of brass banding and a sideline of involvement in the contesting world ?? :)

Coat , Taxi.
  9. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

I STILL haven't been told what colour card I have to use, and it's almost Christmas........:-?
  10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

As long as it has a jolly picture on the front and says 'Merry Christmas' inside we don't really mind. :D
  11. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

Yep, got some of those.......phew.....sorted............:):clap:
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Are you suggesting that a religion runs the brass band world, including contests?

It couldn't be the Salvation Army or Islam - too many banders would leave because of the need/want for a snifter before/during/on stage at/after a contest.

Couldn't be the Church of England as they wouldn't allow women adjudicators.

Couldn't be the Catholic Church as they wouldn't even allow women conductors.

Couldn't be the Quakers, as they promote promote friendship and equinimity amongst its people, toally out of keeping with some of the posts on tMP lately.

Couldn't be the Methodists, as they work to bring congregations together.

Couldn't be the Evangelicals, as they would insist singing was included as part and parcel of the genre. (Bonus though - the most hated piece in the world would no longer be "The Floral Dance", it would soon be "Oh, Happy Day!"

Couldn't be any Orthodoxy as it would insist on holding relevant events 14 days later than everyone else expects.

Couldn't be Scientology because that would just lead to Conspiracy Theorists citing all sorts of s***e on tMP. (Eek - Actually, there are already Conspiracy Theorists citing all sorts of s***e on tMP - maybe John et al are actually mates of Tom Cruise? Note for tMP's lawyers. This is a gag. I am not really implying anything about John or his team's religious inclinations. Of course, if they were rich enough to be scientologists, it's unlikely they'd be banding!)

Couldn't be the Moonies, because that would end up with even the single brass band real saddos being all married off at one time, leaving the movement without any freely available resource.

Couldn't be the Buddhists, as all the competition would be put to one side with the intention of reaching Nirvana, causing a significant proportion of banders to leave.

Couldn't be the Jehovah's Witnesses as few banders would sign up to knocking on people's doors, standing there for hours trying to convince them to join the movement.

13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Ask and thou shall receive.
  14. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Post of the year :clap:
  15. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

The end of the world had to be cancelled any way. Health and safety people insisted the even should not go ahead as it was deemed to be unsafe and someone might get hurt.
  16. back beat

back beat Member

You joke about this, but it's just the sort of lying cheating stunt that Phillip Morris and his team would try. They are not to be trusted!!!