Kapitol non signers leaving bands.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by iancwilx, Feb 11, 2013.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I know a band where two players were asked to leave/left because they preferred not to sign up with the Kapitol Registry.
    I wonder how many other bands are losing players for the same reason.

~ Mr Wilx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kapitol
    Wilx
    Kapitol Registry
    losing players
    Kapitol non signers leaving bands
  3. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

blimey ! seems a little harsh, but, if they are a busy contesting band then I suppose you can understand it. .............. sort of

4. jpbray

jpbray Member

One of the problems and I suppose there are many is that players are upset about what apears to have been foisted upon them. I have been flip flopping around of I stand on the issue. But like most players all you want to do is play. You never see your card from one contest to the next because it is usually held by the sec. and if you were unaware of the change you would carry on in the same in old way. What does need to be done if Kapitol are going to be the Bernie Ecclestone of banding is a comprehensive documented statement of their intentions. So yo can slap them in the face with it if they start going of piste.

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My band haven't sacked me and I have no problems with anyone in the band for signing with kapitol, but I am not prepared to sign, so I won't be playing at Blackpool. This does not prevent me from helping the band in other ways and doesn't exclude me from any other contests.

6. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

Good for you, Mike - and for your band!

Rather shocked - didn't think there were any bands out there who could afford to ask members to leave. Grumble grumble.

7. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

Come and play with a non contesting band. Problem solved!

8. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

No more of a solution than not registering with Kapitol - either way your will not be helping your band improve/maintain (or even lower) their ranking at the area contest.

9. Mossca

Mossca Member

Rather shocked - didn't think there were any bands out there who could afford to ask members to leave. Grumble grumble.[/QUOTE]

Lets get the facts straight here. The players in question were not asked to leave. In an attempt to fulfil the rest of the bands objective a dep was found who wished to take up the position full time and sign, and the second relinquished his position after a temp/dep was found. The band have lost two respected and hard working bandsmen. The sooner all this cxxp is sorted the better.

10. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Just to point out that I never named the band in question.

~ Mr Wilx

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  11. stevetrom

So, as far as I can tell, 2 unnamed players have decided not to register with Kapitol and 1 tMp member has started publicly that they have also decided against registering.

Is that it?

As far as I am aware all of my band, and all members of other bands I know of, have registered with Kapitol.

3 players deciding not to go along with the majority view is hardly a major issue.

I totally accept, and respect, anyone who has decided not to register with Kapitol, it's their choice and I have no problem with that but it seems pretty obvious that the majority of payers simply want to play for their band and don't really give a damn about who runs the registry.

Are there any other players out there who have decided not to sign up?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kapitol
    Wilx
    Kapitol Registry
    losing players
    Kapitol non signers leaving bands
  13. mattthebass

mattthebass Member

I totally accept, and respect, anyone who has decided not to register with Kapitol, it's their choice and I have no problem with that but it seems pretty obvious that the majority of payers simply want to play for their band and don't really give a damn about who runs the registry.

Is that a Freudian slip, cos that's what we're worried about. ;)

Only joking don't take me seriously.

14. stevetrom

I am registered and I didn't PAY a penny, my band did ! :)

15. If you pay subs then you paid. All money out of the movement.

16. stevetrom

Nope, no subs either