Justice for Kirsty - Rerelease of The Fairytale of New York

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

It was five years ago yesterday that Kirsty McColl was killed by a motor boat driving through an area reserved for scuba divers.

Kirsty gave her life trying to ensure the safety of her sons.

To date, no-one has been brought to true justice for this incident.

The Fairytale of New York has being rereleased this year with all proceeds going to the Justice for Kirsty campaign.

I still find it difficult to hear Kirsty singing (this song particularly) without welling up.

If you love this song, as I do, please buy another copy.

Kirsty McColl deserves justice.

http://www.justiceforkirsty.org/ will give you details.

Thank you for reading this.

PS - From a musical point of view, there was an excellent documentary about the Fairytale of New York on BBC3 tonight - watch out for the inevitable repeat.
  2. markyboy

markyboy Member

Well said mate..... A very much missed artist
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

It always seems to be the way that singers like Kirsty McColl are not really recognised until they go.
    For ages she was known as that singer that did the novelty song about Elvis in the Chip shop and the Christmas single with the Pogues.
    She was an extremely underrated singer and some of her traditional Irish songs were outstanding
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

That programme was mint! I love that song, got to be my all time favourite Christmas song, reminds me of being in an irish bar in Liverpool dancing about and being totally rubbered on my birthday a few years ago. Happy days eh?
  5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Found myself watching it last night :) Really great song and a great programme to go with it! One of my Favourite Xmas songs so will have no trouble buying it, especially as its going to a good cause.