Just to settle an argument...

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by MrsDoyle, Jul 29, 2009.

?

Who is the 'geekiest'?

1. jones.daniel

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Kjata

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Who is the geekiest..... me or Kjata?

Start voting... :)

2. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Neither of you! I want that prize!

3. MrsDoyle

I've told you, if I win it's yours. A gift from me :)

4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I'm afraid this sums up my disillusionment (sorry mike) with tMP at the moment

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Wot? I didn't say anything!

6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I was just apologising for the spelling in advance Mike;)

Other than that, maybe its my 3 month absence but tMP seems to have become very juvenile - or maybe I'm growing up at last :eek: - No thats very unlikely.

7. mikelyons

I think there are a load of new-ish tmpers who might be described as being 'of the younger persuasion' - "it mawn't be 'elped", as they say round here.

8. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I object your honour!!! :biggrin:

9. MrsDoyle

May I give my two pfennigs' worth?

This site is intended to be 'family friendly'. One should not shelve someone's views depending on their age. Maybe younger members could add something to this site? If you have an issue with the fact that there are younger members, which is perfectly allowable, I suggest you take it up with one of our excellent admin team.

10. mikelyons

No!

:D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Kjata
    Start voting
    argument
  12. MrsDoyle

^ :) cheeky... :p

13. bbg

bbg Member

No-one is "shelving views" because of anyone's age, and frankly Daniel the above is sadly symptomatic of type of post becoming prevalent on the site of late.
    "I suggest you take it up...." is an arrogant comment directed by a schoolboy at an experienced school teacher in Mr Lyons, and has no place on this type of forum.
    Banders of all ages are more than welcome on tMP I'm sure - but repeated, juvenile posts more suited to Bebo / facebook / playground texting are rather tiresome to us more mature guys. Your views on banding and your contributions to general threads will be read with interest, but let's try to stay away from personal, silly threads if at all possible.
    Nothing personal young man - just a wee bit of advice from an oldie?

regards

Brian

14. MrsDoyle

By no means was that directed at Mr Lyons, but at Mr. Butler

15. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Whats going on here?

16. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Which doesn't make it any better Daniel.

No-one's taking issue with younger members Daniel. It is clearly true to say that the nature of posting and new thread creation has changed in recent times - this one being a prime example. There aren't a huge amount of 'sensible' discussions going on these days - the majority of posting seems to happen within the 'totally random' forums. I'm not knocking it - I like to spend time there myself and have contributed much silliness. It has however increased and it is a noticeable change to the way tMp is used - and as Mr B and others suggest, does rather resemble (at times) a children's playground rather than a serious brass band forum. And again - I'm not knocking it - tMp is here for all to use. I do however agree with Mr B that tMp has changed.

17. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

you just hit the nail on the head there.

18. MrsDoyle

It may have changed: I'm merely suggesting that maybe what people want is a bit of light hearted fun... This is the site where brass band people like to share their inimitable sense of humour as well as discussing their hobby...

19. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

we may have a differing opinion about what is light hearted fun though.....

20. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

for example your 'threats' to report people to mods every time someone is a) mildy reproachful to you in any way or b) says the word 'bottom'.....I don't think that's light-hearted fun.

21. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I agree with daniel. I've been reading the comments on this thread and can't see what's wrong with a more silly topic thread and this is the part of tMP where we can have more fun......

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Kjata
    Start voting
    argument