Just to say goodbye

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by birdman, Sep 11, 2004.

1. birdman

birdman New Member

To all who have known me over the years as both a player, teacher conductor, and occassionally an examiner, I would just like to let you know that due to health reasons (those that have seen me lately know of this) I have stepped down from any commitments to do with music, I would like to thank Kirkby Colliery Welfare Band for having me as their Musical Director for the last three and a half years, we have had a good time and started to achieve the results I knew we would, to all the youngsters I have taught again thanks for making it enjoyable to teach you.

I hope in the future to be around music again but for now I am due to have spinal surgery and I am taking six months off at the least.

I do hope when my health allows to attend some concerts and contests, maybe if I am lucky I will be at Skegness to see Kirkby defend their title as Miners Champions (4th Sect).

I have enjoyed many many years around brass bands and have made many good friends.

Stephen Berrill

ps I am not a junior member, not at 43 anyway

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure we would all want to wish you well over the coming period. I trust the surgery is successful and that everything turns out alright.

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Seconded!!. Best of luck and hope to see you back in good health soon.

4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Get well soon. Do it for the kids.

5. Di

Di Active Member

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Heres wishing all goes well.