Just out of curiosity - why does it do that?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Sopha, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

just out of curiosity .. . why every time you put Roger Thorne it comes up underlined and a little arrow next to it ?:-?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Roger Thorne
    time
    little arrow
    curiosity
  3. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Because he is one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet and you can read his lovely poem!!

4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi

I've moved this so I can answer properly without going off topic.

When you type names such as Roger Thorne, Philip Sparke, or Philip Wilby you will get what is called an "auto-link" which will give you a little extra information. ;)

5. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Who's been editing my posts????? :tongue:

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

7. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

how comes it only happens to them though why doesnt it do that too mee?? lol

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

It only works for certain things - which have to be set up. For instance if I type Spectrum then (hopefully!) the linker will link into some information about Gilbert Vinter's testpiece - even if you happen to be talking about the colours of the rainbow! Embouchure is another I can think of off the top of my head. (EDIT: well it would if I could spell it properly :rolleyes: )

We added it as a useful feature to give a bit more information on certain things which might be commonly mentioned. Just like me though, its knowledge is limited! And it relies on John inputting the info into some wizardy gizmotron located in his back bedroom...;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  9. tenor_horn_18

tenor_horn_18 New Member

Well it sounds like a good idea to me, it makes it easier to get certain information i suppose.

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

So if you can think of some useful words we can highlight, together with some text to accompany this, I am more than happy to consider any suggestions to add to the auto link list.

Fire away if you have any ideas.