Just Do It

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by little_miss_marcroft, Jul 26, 2004.

1. A boc moment from me.... but something I wrote recently. Not sure who it is aimed at, it might as well be shared......

Just do it

Do you really know me? Would you ever hurt me? What am I to you? More to the point… do you care? I am not forcing you to read this, ask yourself why you are doing. Before you break my heart I ask you to take a real look at me, the pain in my heart and the joy in my soul; the people I love, and the dreams I hold. Would you rather I was someone else? Would you rather I changed? Maybe I could shed a little weight, I could be a little less judgemental or be cheerier when I wake in the mornings. Or maybe I won’t. Maybe I’ll continue to be who I am, persevere with my desires and pray for the best I can. If God took my life, would you cry? I expect most people would shed tears. There is a difference. It separates my soul mates from my friends. Friends are no more real than TV characters. Remember that. Do I exist in your life or do I live in it? For most I exist, when it occasionally suits you. Think about it. The life in me is my family, soul mates included. My breath, my joy, but most importantly: my hope. What is a life without hope? Death. Did you enjoy the good times we had? The happy memories of fun and laughter? How many of you remember the bad times? Were you there through mine? I needed you all. What have you to offer? Take a good look. Not in the mirror, into your soul. Have you been searching for some time? You are the type who exists in my life. Nothing more. Am I boring you yet? Have you had enough? Walk away, put me down and take the nearest exit. Remember not to slam the door in my face, if it shuts too firmly you won’t be let back in, and you will be back. I assure you. Are your eyes wide open? As wide as they go? What’s the worst that has happened? I imagine you are blessed, we are all blessed, but will you allow yourself to believe that? If you can read this, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world that cannot read at all; If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week; if you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep... you are richer than 75% of this world. Get over yourself. It’s a must. Do I love you? With all my heart. You shape my life and make me who I am, and I like my life. There, I said it. Dream of peace, for dreams are means of determination and ambition. Your future will thank you. You will soon be a survivor, not an existed. Allow yourself to crash in a weak moment, survey the damage, embrace the moment. Never regret. Learn. Me? I’ll do my best. It’s all we can do. Just do it.
  2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

WOW...a very philosophical post...far too complex for me (well i skimmed through the post, was far too long for me to read properly :p )
  3. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Well I read it properly and it does make you stop and think - even if just for a moment.
  4. I read it but now I wish I hadnt. My head hurts. :(
  5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

thats really good!!! makes you think and you're absolutely rite about most things.
  6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

aww i thought this was gonna be about the new starsky and hutch movie :(
  7. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I'm touched.

A quick skim through shows you nothing. A thorough read shows it all.