Just booked 6 tickets to see...

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by andyh, Jan 30, 2008.

1. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

The Leyland Band in Ipswich on April 5. Really looking forward to this one .. we've had some top bands in Ipswich in recent years but I've never seen Leyland before.

If there's anyone here from Leyland - please tell me you're bringing some CDs! I always make a point of supporting visiting bands by buying a CD and it's a great
    way to expand my collection :)

2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I'm sure our 2nd hand CD salesman Walter and his glamourous assistant Ted will be able to dig you up something between them ;)

Thanks for the interest
  3. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Aidan mate, im doing a job on sat with you guys but not sure where the bandroom is for a rehearsal on thurs. Can you drop me a msg with an address and a time etc? Cheers mate.
  4. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

"2nd hand? .... "2ND HAND???" I want new ones, I tell you!

5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Ben, pm'd you.

Andy, don't worry, they look really really really like the originals ;)
  6. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Thanks Jason and the band - tonight's concert in the Ipswich Corn Exchange was just awesome! Particularly enjoyed Children of Sanchez and Hymn for Africa. :clap:

Hope you enjoyed the turnout - I've been to quite a few of the Corn Exchange concerts in recent years and there's always a pretty full house. Most of them local brass players I shouldn't wonder !

...and yes, I did get my cd... :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  7. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Thanks Andy. The band really enjoyed itself, well worth the trip. Nice to have such a full and receptive audience! Hopefully we'll be back again soon. Hope you enjoy the CD. :)
  8. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Yes, I did, thanks - hope to see you all back in Ipswich again soon.

9. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Chris - can you help me out here, I was talking to someone else who came to the concert
    and we were speculating on what make of cornet your principal was playing - not a Yamaha
    Xeno by any chance, was it?