just a thought

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by louise0502, Apr 11, 2004.

1. louise0502

louise0502 Member

it would be quite useful if there were some way to skip to a certain page. like when there are hundreds of pages and if you want to go straight to page 50 or something, it's impossible (or i've never figured out a way to do it!) If this is possible, it would be greatly appreciated (particularly on the members page)
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Louise...

What exactly are you referring to here? Do you mean when there are multiple pages within a single thread and you want to go straight to page 50 etc...?
  3. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

yes musicman. I sometimes have that prob. Like say theres 25 pages on one thread, u have to scroll through them all to get to the middle one. Takes ages sometimes
  4. TheMusicMan

Aha.. I understand now... :wink:

I have seen a code modification that adds a new middle section to the page nuber list you refer to which would indeed make it far easier to search through threads with a large number of pages... you then see something like:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5,.....23, 24, 25, 26,....55, 56, 57, 58

I'll have a look at how easy/difficult this is to implement... we'll see... :lol:
  5. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

If you're good at quick maths, do this...

Open the relevant thread.
    The address at the top should be something like this:

"t" is the topic number. "start" is the post number in the thread that you are starting viewing at.

So, multiply the number of the page you want to be on by 15, put that number in place of the number after "&start=", then press enter.

You're there!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  6. TheMusicMan

Mr Ian 'Fishsta' Einstein Fishwick... heheh

Nice one Ian... didn't think of that... :)
  7. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

I try my best.... :)