Junior Leaders Regt RAC Brass Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Colin Hogg, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Hi all,
    Just back from my "meet every one you ever knew in banding" weekend in London. After seeing Pete Smalley, I thought it might be an idea to try and get the JLR brass band to meet up again. We had a good band in the 70's down in Bovington. Alan (Ted) Ashworth conducted the band. If you were there, (you would be in your 50's now), or you know someone who was, give me a PM with your details. If we can get enough, Im sure there is a band somewhere that would lend us there Room for an evening for a blow and a couple of beers afterwards.
    Sorry,John, not sure what Thread this comes under, please put it in the right one!
    Best to you all
    Junior Bandsman Hogg!
  2. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

What about that horrid noise you made on Oboe when your with us in the 17th/21st for a while? It sent me and Nev Buxton nuts!
  3. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Thats why I became a Bandmaster, Wagging a stick makes very little noise!!!!!
  4. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

I seem to remember the very lamented Colin Herbert taking the band in the mid-late seventies.
  5. bassbone

bassbone Member

Hi Lawrence.

Don't forget Derek Dawson was there at the same time as Colin.

Seem to remember the first time we met was a combined JLR, Hamworthy, Bournemouth gig in Weymouth Pavilion!

Sorry guys. Off topic a bit!!!

How many of you played for the JLR band at the Wessex contest when it was held in the Winter Gardens, Bournemouth.
  6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

My first contest was at the Poole Arts Centre with JLR/RAC. We played John Ireland's Comedy Overture. Colin Herbert conducted us.
    When I was at JLR, Colin was the brass tutor, and Derek Dawson was mainly theory tuition.
    Had a lot of time for both of those guys. I learnt a lot of them both.