Junior Brass Band - Bohemian Rhapsody

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by gcbtrom, Feb 16, 2014.

1. gcbtrom

gcbtrom Member

Afternoon all - haven't been on here for aaages but I am now requiring assistance...

I am after a Junior band (brass) version of the famous Bohemian Rhapsody. We have 8 players inc percussion (percussion parts not essential as our drummer usually makes things up anyway :wink:)

We have 2 x Trumpet/Cornet, 1 x Eb Horn, 2 x Trombone/Euph/Baritone in Bass Clef, 1 x Bb Bass and 1 x Percussion.
    (Odd mix I know...)

Is there anything out there remotely suitable? I am pushing with some harder music this year but I know this one is a very awkward piece.

Any ideas please let me know.

2. I don't know what's suitable for whom among arrangements of this tune. However, I am aware of a few renditions on Youtube. If all else fails, perhaps you could find one on there and ask whoever posted it to identify the arrangement.
  3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

JustMusic have got arrangements for quartet and quintet, with optional parts for other instruments. Take a look here. You might be able to use one of them.
  4. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

I believe that there is an arrangement of this for junior band by veteran Grimethorpe horn player (and Queen nut) Jim Fletcher.

You get a stick-on moustache and leotard for the teacher/conductor along with the parts and score if I remember correctly.

I am sure you can contact Jim on facebook or something like that.

I expect he will be delighted to receive enquiries.