Junior Band Question

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Alan Melvin, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Alan Melvin

Alan Melvin New Member

My 8yr old daughter is a keen cornet player of 12months. She is showing great intertest in the instrument and is progressing well. I was wondering if there are any Brass bands in the Oldham area that have a beginners/junior section that is friendly and helpful to newcomers.

Any comments, suggestions would be helpful
  2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I bet this person's just got about 500 private messages from junior bands!

I wish your youngster all the best in her playing career. Always nice to see new recruits. :)
  3. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Sure is. Since I have started to help at junior band teaching the kids you get a great sense of achievement seeing them progress an especially seeing them enjoy themselves and wanting to go home an practice and come back the next week excited to tell you what they have been playing during the week.
  4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm all depends on how much u want to travel i think, st helens youth has 3 sections of band depending on players standard, theres a beginners band, a training band, and then the youth band. but that is probably abit far to travel (espesh when they practise on saturday mornings starting at 9 30)

errrrr ill end my "advertise my own band" thing now

im sure there will be brass bands in the oldham area with junior bands, and if there arent ill be very surprised
  5. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

good job i didnt get there first sazzles, would have been an essay!

but come to our band anyways! it's tons of fun, and we offer lessons on a saturday morning too.

i dont know where oldham is so sorry if it;s too far to travel :wink:
  6. Shaw Youth?
    Music Centre?

Sorry - don't have any contacts but I'm sure you can find something on the internet?
  7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

one of the lads from our band used to play for shaw youth I will try and get a contact for you at band on Thursday.
  8. MattB

MattB Member

Littleborough Junior Brass are always on the lookout for new players, we are based 5 mins from Rochdale Town Centre. If interested, drop me a line!