Jubilee Brass (Oxford) seeks new players!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Veri, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Veri

Veri Member

Jubilee Brass (Oxford) are a friendly band currently ranked in the 4th section of the London and Southern Counties area, based in Cowley, Oxford. (Very easy to get to from town on the bus, or surrounding areas - we have players from Kidlington, Yarnton, Bicester, North Oxford, Headington as well as Cowley/east Oxford)

We recently enjoyed playing at the Oxfordshire Brass Band Association Contest, and are now looking forward to our annual church concert on the 18th November, as well as an incredibly hectic schedule of Christmas concerts and carolling!

We'd love to hear from any brass players in the Oxford area who are looking for a band (maybe people who've just joined Oxford Uni or Brookes?) - particularly cornets of all positions, Eb basses, a trombone, and some percussion would be fab, but anyone would be very welcome.

We practice on Mondays and Fridays between 7.45 and 9.30 in the United Reformed Church which is opposite the police station

I'm in the process of giving the band website an overhaul - when I get something up, I'll post a thread about that!

If you're interested, pm me and I can put you in touch with our musical director or just come along!