JP Cornet 271L MkII (SW) - anyone any experience/ opinions?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tub Thumper, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

We are thinking of getting a couple of these instruments after trying one recently where we were very impressed with the quality of the instruments (free blowing, 1st & 3rd valve triggers etc) for the price.

Has anyone else any experience of them? Any opinions gratefully received before we committ the cash to buy them!
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Is this the Packer 'copy' of a xeno with the Richard Smith designed leadpipe. If so it looks fab for the money, I am sure Packer's will discount it even more as they gave me a very good price when I enquired about some of these for our Training Band.

However, I am sorry, but I am yet to play one of these but may well pop into Packer's when heading back home to Devon (am in Wales at the moment)to have a blow on one. There is an ulterior motive though - I want one of the new Prestiges!!
  3. bonodog

bonodog New Member

You won't need to part with your money straight away. Speak to Steve Herbert at Packers and I'm sure he will send you one on approval. We've purchased several intruments from John Packers recently and tried out the new SW cornet (without triggers). It is an excellent instrument at three times the price and at the price they are doing them a steal. My son has been playing their Ace trumpet for the last eighteen months without any problems (again comparable with an instrument 3 times the price) and friends have just bought their new Bach style 'student' trumpet for seroius amateur playing.

Back to the cornet - the only thing stopping the band buying more than the one we did is that we would have no-one to play them.

Don't take my word for it. Get one on trial. I'm sure you will not send it back.