Jose Mourinho.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Aaron, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

Genius or Joker?
    Thought it would be interesting to know what you footie fans make of 'The Special One'
    Discuss....

2. mattster

mattster New Member

id call him lucky.
    hes got £100,000,000,000,000 etc etc etc...... to spend and buy anyone he wants.
    wonder how he would do with sunderland? or the mighty town!!!
    the players he has available makes his job easy.

winning a world cup......
    you lot down under could even lift a coffee cup at breakfast never mind the world cup.

(see you at tameside on sunday if your with our katherine)

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

And his tactical know-how was found out to be not that great when he came up against Barcelona this season. One thing he is good at though - he's managed to (superbly) turn Chelsea into the most hated team in the league (Europe?) bypassing Man Ure - a feat deemed to be impossible by many!

He's also turned his players into a bunch of actors, divers and sore losers.

What do I think of Maureenho?

He's a muppet.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member

Ah yes, I have to agree on that!
    But you cannot take away the sheer entertainment value he has brought to what was fast becoming a dull, predictable premiership.....
    Yes it may still be predictable in that we all know chelsea will win it, but what you cannot predict are the stupid/arrogant/hilarious incidents, outbursts & behaviours of Mr Mourinho & his players...its just quality telly!!

BTW Mr.Stringer....Australia will dominate the world of sport one day, just you watch
    (Maybe Mr Abramovich will fund our mighty socceroos & bring decades of world domination)

5. jenzi

jenzi Member

I totally agree with you that he has turned the team into a bunch of cheats and has slowly turned Chelsea into a much hated team. I used to like Chelski until they started diving, moaning and blaming the referee after a defeat. And now they are constantly getting charged by the FA for failing to control they're players! It's not good! But Mourhinio...he is gorgeous!!!

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

All together now terriers fans....

Who needs Mourhino-o-o-o-o, when we've got Jacko-o-o-o-o-o-o

I agree he seems to have managed to turn Chelsea in to the most disliked team in the country, mostly because of the way they appear to think they deserve to win every game, and throw the teddy out when they don't.

He has added an entertainment factor I'll give him that, but I don't really think a team brought together through bottomless pots of money rather than true graft will ever command the respect they seem to think they deserve.

In my mind there has still never been a team in the world to rival the great Liverpool squads of the 70's and 80's for sheer football domination and respect from all quarters.

7. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I personally can't stand the man. He still insists we never beat them in last year's Champion's League Semi Final, as he claims Garcia's goal didn't cross the line. It'd be a whole diffferent story if it was them who got awarded the dubious goal! This is weird coming from a Liverpool fan I know but I think I'd rather see Man Ure (minus Gary Neville of course!;) ) win the league then Chelski, at the moment
    I think Ranieri was a lot more entertaining and better for Chelsea's future and reputation than Maureenio ever will be.

8. chizzum

chizzum Member

Gets results but only coz he has gazillions!

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well he's managed to turn a promising player in SWP into a diving bench-warmer... he has no ability to adapt when his tactics are beaten, and just throws a fit... and he's brought the game into disrepute through his comments and transfer market behavious more times than I can count...

He's a monkey...

10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I dont think he could be even classed as a good muppet.:biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    fans
    The Special One'Discuss
    Jose Mourinho
    Genius
    Joker
  12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I used to find him amusing but the joke's wearing very very thin. Especially after seeing Del Horno and Drogba getting away with blatant dives against the toon and then Wright Phillips taking a dubious tumble resulting in the dismissal Robbie Elliott.

Moronino I say.

13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

The warning signs were there.....

When Porto beat Celtic in the UEFA Cup a few seasons ago, (managed by Mourinho), their players dived and basically cheated their way to that trophy. When Porto under the same manager played Man Utd in the Champions League, again it seemed you only had to fart on their players for them to hit the deck.

Being a born and bred Londoner (albeit now living on a Scottish island) and whilst never considering myself a Man U hater, I wanted Chelsea to win the title last season once Arsenal were out of the reckoning, as they hadn't won it for so long. Now I'm praying Man U overhaul them this season (now that Liverpool seem to have too much to do to catch them). Still, what's Benitez's been putting in their tea? All these goals suddenly flying in!

Not only that, Chelsea are stronger than people think in the goalkeeper department. Not satisified with Cech and Cudicini, Drogba and Terry are pretty useful with their hands, too!

14. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Look what he did with Porto ... he's a good manager.

He's a berk though.

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

He's a good manager of divers. So was Jacques Cousteau.

16. dyl

dyl Active Member

Haha! Nice one Dave! :)

17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Candidate for best post that one Dave!!