Jon Faddis at the Barbican ...

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by GJG, Oct 14, 2004.

1. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

... with the Dizzy Gillespie Alumni All-star Big Band.

Barbican Centre (London), Friday 12th Nov. 2004

More information here:

Tickets are, unaccountably, not selling particularly quickly; doesn't seem to have been very well publicised; I only found out about it by accident.

I realise it may not be everyone's cup of tea, (esp. within traditional brass-banding circles) however I recall that quite a few tMP-ers went to (and enjoyed) the Wynton Marsalis Prom concert, so if you didn't already know about it, may I recommend you take what may be a very rare opportunity to hear some of the Jazz world's all-time legends in concert.

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I can't go because of my move to Scotland, but having heard Jon Faddis before via the recorded medium, I say it's well worth going to if you can get there!
  3. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Jon Faddis really worth a listen.

Will see if I can go- it'll be worth the trip.

4. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Just bought my tickets online, there are not that many left!!
  5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

FWIW, when I spoke to the group booking office this morning, they told me that the balcony tickets had been "withdrawn from sale" due to poor sales (I suppose they think it looks bad if the audience is spread out too thinly). IOW, although the online booking system shows those seats as "unavailable", no balcony seats have in fact been sold.

Presumably, if there were to be a sudden rush, they would have to release those seats ...

6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Please don't misunderstand; I'm not suggesting for a minute that people should delay unnecessarily in booking tickets ... !!!

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I will be so envious of anyone going to this concert.... Jon Faddis is one of the top trumpet players of all time in my opinion. Every decent horn line-up that hires players usually has his name included. :)

... here's a brief bio
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  8. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

What did people think then? I thought it was a pretty cool gig..... Faddis is quite a player...

Inspirational to hear players such as Slide Hampton and James Moody play.
  9. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

For anyone interested, I just found out that the concert was recorded, and is being broadcast on BBC Radio 3, tonight (24/11) @ 7:30pm

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member