Joint concert Willebroek and Fodens in Brussels

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Jan H, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Next Saturday, September 29th, a joint concert will take place in Brussels by the current European and Belgian champions, Brass Band Willebroek conducted by Frans Violet, and the current All England Masters and North-West regional champions, the Fodens Richardson Band conducted by Garry Cutt.

The venue for the concert will be the magnificent "Palais des Beaux Arts" (the scene of a.o. the 2002 European Brass Band Championships), in the centre of Brussels.

I've been informed that at the end of the concert, an attempt will be made to blow the roof of the building, by means of a massed band performance of The Force of Destiny... ;)

p.s. to any Fodens players reading this, don't forget to say hi to me :)
  2. Jan H

Excellent concert by both bands! The massed band versions of Reunion and Finale and La Forza del Destino were amazing ;)
  3. deave

deave Member

Just got home. Thanks to everybody involved for a top weekend!!
  4. Jan H

I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't meet anyone from the band after the concert (because the bar was closed :ranting2:, and also because we had a 1h15' drive ahead, so my chauffeur wanted to leave ;) )