John Thomas Dodd

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by derekdawson, May 7, 2006.

1. derekdawson

derekdawson Member

The death has been anounced of Tommy Dodd, formerly 1st baritone with Grimethorpe for a lot of years, Tommy was a fine musician and baritone player, and a Gentleman may I add, I think he was already at Grimey when I joined in 1961 and I think he was still there when I left in 1986, Tommy arranged the Gliere, "Russian Sailors Dance" for Grimethorpe, ( Granada contest?) I was brought up on the same street as Tommy,so I have known him since childhood, a sad loss indeed, DEREK DAWSON

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tommy Dodd
    John Thomas Dodd
    Grimethorpe
    Grimey
    Gliere
  3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As a Baritone player myself he was a player who i always used to like to hear at contests one of the best .
    God Bless

4. Colin Hardy

Colin Hardy New Member

Sad

Hi Derek, so sorry to hear of Tommy's death he was indeed a fine Baritone player and it was a pleasure to have played along side him.
    How old was he Derek??
    any details of the funeral, unfortunately I go away next week to spain for 2 weeks
    but let me know anyway
    Cheers
    Colin

5. derekdawson

derekdawson Member

Colin, I composed a lengthy reply to you earlier and somehow I think it may not have arrived to you, for some reason my BT broadband keeps closing down and I lose the item, I think it's time for a new provider, anyway, I didn't get the information about Tommy's funeral until today, after the event which is a shame, he would have been 77/78, so, sorry about that mate, have a good holiday and will speak to you later. DEREK