John Rutter- Gloria

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by fitzy, Dec 9, 2004.

1. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good recording of the Gloria by John Rutter for 8 brass and SATB Chior? I have played it a few times but never heard a recording of it!

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

4. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. I've got this CD and it's one of the best vocal recordings in my collection; PJBE aren't too shabby either!

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

I can't believe it's not Rutter!

It's that time of year again, bring out your Rutter's - a great piece to play, just be careful of that last page.

Another vote for PJBE here.

7. lewis

lewis Member

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As well as recommending both the Cambridge Singers/PJBE (Collegium label) and the Polyphony/Wallace Collection (on the Hyperion label) as already mentioned, both of which I own, perhaps someone has got the recording called 'Essentially English' with the Locke Brass Consort and (I believe) East London Chorus/Michael Kibblewhite on the (I think) Koch Label. Any good? (Seems to have been discontinued over here). Peter Bale recommended to me the 'sister' album to this, namely Essentially Christmas with similar forces and it includes the Rutter Te Deum (also choir and brass, which also appears on the Wallace Collection recording) and that's a very good CD.

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Dave - managed to pick up another copy for £2 to send to my sister!

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Good spot! If you can track this one down folks, it's worth getting!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Gloria
    John Rutter
    SATB Chior
    John Rutter- Gloria
    brass
  12. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member