John Newbiggin.

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Frontman, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Frontman

Frontman Member

I have just received the sad news that John Newbiggin has passed away. He was a good friend and a wonderful man.

John was a very big man in the Brass band world in the North West of England and will be sadly missed.
    Condolances to June and all of your family.

RIP John, a sad loss.
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. While I was conducting Coppull and Standish I was given a tremendous amount of encouragement and support by John, who incidentally seemed to have taught most of the members of the band at some point or another. A lovely man, a true gentleman and a bandsman to his bootstraps.

My condolences to June and the family, and to John's many, many friends.
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I also send my condolences and wishes. John was an absolutely dedicated man whom I met a few times and heard of a tremendous amount. He really is legendary in this area. I am truly sorry for your loss.
  4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Does anyone know any funeral details? I'm sure that many people would wish to pay their respects to John Newbigging. Sad news - John gave a great deal to brass players in the Wigan area.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I believe it is at 1.30pm, Friday 13th August, at the Salvation Army citadel in Wigan.

2 days before he was due to turn 96.
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

John Leonard Newbigging L.T.C.L. T.D.

Just to confirm that my Fathers funeral service will take place at Wigan Salvation Army Citidal at 1.30pm on the 13th August.

May I take this opportunity to thank you all for your sympathy and kind thoughts - he was a truely committed, gifted Bandsman, loving Husband, Father & Grandfather and has left us all with a hole in our hearts.

God Bless Dad

Tim Newbigging