Joey Barton

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by LeDragon, Dec 28, 2007.

1. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Nothing but a thug, in my opinion.
  2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Alright footballer, but it's not all about talent. If you're a t*** in social life then you shouldn't get far.
  3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Is he an alright footballer?? He's done nowt in a black and white shirt so far....
  4. Masterblaster jnr

well, he's better than a lot of people, BUT, a lot worse than a lot of people

And i now quote:
  5. Bungle

Bungle Member

Considering he grew up on the same estate as Steven Gerrard, their temperaments couldn't be further apart. It is saddening, considering his ability (he played for England at U21 and senior levels) that he continues to shoot himself in the foot. Thousand of men would have liked to have his ability and breaks to play in the top flight, which makes it more frustrating for us fans. I would of hoped big Sam would have sorted him out as he has done with other temperamental players, but maybe he is a case too far. I hope he can sort himself out, there's nothing worse than wasted talent.
  6. Sandy Smith

Sandy Smith Member

I'm not sure about wasted talent... it could be argued that George Best was a wasted talent but Barton ?

Just another over-hyped,VASTLY overpaid average footballer lucky enough to cash in while it's available.

... and by the way - what is a professional athlete doing in a McDonalds take away ?

Rant over.
  7. Delbert

Delbert Member

I reckon put Joey Barton, Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse in a padded room, and let em fight til the death. Then when the winner comes out, shoot em!!!

Job done, thousands of tax payers money saved!

Happy Christmas!
  8. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

9. Masterblaster jnr

I think that should be suggested to the crown court, but maybe with the addition of A savaging Rottweiler
  10. Joey Barton should be put in the same category as Lee Bowyer in that they are both arrogant, egotistical thugs.
    Leave me in a room with them both, with just a sock full of snooker balls in a sock - we'll see how hard they are then.

Although, did anyone else notice that Olly Barkley, the rugby player has been bailed for assault at a wedding, and that only just made headlines?

Not condoning any kind of random violence in any situation, but is it because he's a (one-cap) England footballer that he got more headlines?

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'd be inclined to use just the one sock, it'd hurt em more! :rolleyes:

I put forward a motion to have Kate Moss added to that room too.
  12. Masterblaster jnr

hmmm...........................doubt they would have enough time to catch her before she tops herself with drugs. Get Eminem in or 50 cent, that would add more action and cause more deaths
  13. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I'm glad to see that the nasty thug got sent down. He'll probably only serve a month though...
  14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Just wondering how his sentence was passed down after the footy season had finished. Convenient or what?
  15. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

In an ideal word (and this is coming from a Newcastle fan) Newcastle would sack him immediately and the FA would ban him from ever playing football ever again. Sooner or later these overpaid idiots need to take some responsibility for their actions.

Rightly or wrongly, Newcastle wont sack him or terminate his contract because in a few weeks, maybe a month he'l be let out for good behaviour, so in theory he's been at one of her majesty's 5* holiday camps, rather than on the beach in Barbados or similar, when the season is over and doesnt affect him.

If they did sack him or terminate his contract probably half a dozen premier league teams would immediately unveil him as their new STAR signing for next season.

Hopefully this will give him a kick up the jacksie to sort his life out.
  17. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Thug Barton has got away with just a 4 month suspended sentence and community service for battering his ex team-mate Ousmane Dabo. I'm suprised that no time was added to the jail term he's serving now.

This article on the BBC website actually shows cctv footage of part of the incident in Liverpool that he was jailed for - disgusting behaviour.
  18. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Best £5m we ever made, glad to see the back of him..

Needs locking up for good...

On the playing front he did a good job at Eastlands when we were fighting relegation, but he's not good enough for our current squad.

Hopefully the papers will be right and his position will be filled by Ronaldinho next season (cant see it though).
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That clip on the BBC page is utterly disgusting...they should throw away the key all together.
  20. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I often felt like giving the lazy Dabo a slap, but this is ridiculous;

I am just glad the Barton wont see a penny from my season ticket..