Jobs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mrs Womble, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Just wanted to find out who has the most boring job? I work in insurance now that can be boring!

2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am just starting a new job teaching at a FE college but I have been working in secondary education which was never boring! :shock: Over this summer I did do some temping and that was possibly the most boring thing I have ever done since all I had to do was file stuff all day!!!!! :-?

3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I believe I have the most boring job at the moment, sitting at home doing nothing except practice, (this is only in case the MD of our band has finally got round to signing up for this forum:?: ) or scouring the internet for snippets of info or debates to attach myself to :dunno

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I have the boring job of having to listen about the wife's day at work in insurance :-?

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Can't be quite as boring as being a sailor tho can it??

"I spy with my little eye...something beginning with...W!" ;) :D

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Hey, Ill have you know I always found ways of amusing myself!

Probably does explain the bad eyesight mind :cool:

7. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Double glazing telesales job.

i think i fell asleep about 10 times.

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

BEURGH!!!!!

9. 2nd man down

LOL!!!! That'll explain why you kept bumping in to things up here!!!!

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I spent the last year working on quality control and tracability documentation for... gas..... meters.......... yawn............ *slump*...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    insurance
    job
    Jobs
    boring job
  12. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

i quite agree that sitting at home doing ****** all, all day is the most boring thing in the world. i actually can't wait to go back to uni for my final year and have to work my butt off for a decent degree.

13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And you came out alive? I'm impressed.

14. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Don't even pretend you're practicing - if that were the case your valve wouldn't have stuck :biggrin:

Sorry El Chairman - Will (the Sec) made me say it !! :cool: Am I psychic or what !

I know I am going to regret that !!

15. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

That reminds me of the 'Master' in "Kung Fu" warning 'Grasshopper' of the ancient Chinese art of ... ...., oh, I nearly forgot that the 'Master' was blind.

16. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I spent two weeks near christmas working at Royal Mail on night shift shorting christmas post!!!!!!!! I still think Insurance is more boring!

17. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Is that why you married me? cos you can't see me properly? LOL :hammer

18. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

'Down on the farm', boring jobs include:

milking cows, cleaning up after them, (sweet smelling job!), feeding them, (all twice a day,365 days a year!), picking stones up from fields when reseeding, (good alternative for young offender sentencing!!), cleaning ditches, etc etc...

Then again you do feel sorry for the toll booth workers on bridges, bit repeditive, no offense 2 anybody that does that! ;)

19. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Well I have had many many boring jobs throughout my short working life so far...some of which are so boring that I've forgotten how boring they were...

These include - packing shortbread, working in fast food "restaurant" (sorry - express service), working in various shops, working in various office jobs.... any job can become boring if there is too much of the same thing over and over again, no matter what the job is!

20. 2nd man down

before i started college i worked part time through the summer in an egg farm!

That was sort of like "there's one....there's another one...Ooh, there's another one!"...well, you get the idea.
    Mind numbing to say the least.

And it went hand in hand with the worst smell imaginable on earth!! Don't ever stand in a chicken hut when they're getting rid of all the droppings...OMG!!!!! :wow

21. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Madam, my brother and I are both perfectly able to start a fight with one another for no reason without outside assistance.

Thank you.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    insurance
    job
    Jobs
    boring job