JMU Brass Band - UK Tour

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by kstees, Jul 7, 2007.

1. kstees

kstees New Member

The James Madison University Brass Band (Harrisonburg, Virginia) is planning a tour to the UK for June 19-30, 2008. The band would be happy to hear from any UK bands interested in undertaking a joint performance. Any suggestions for performance venues would also be greatly appreciated.

The JMU Brass Band is one of only a few collegiate brass bands in the United States. Formed in the Fall of 2000, the band has twice been named the North American Brass Band Association (NABBA) Honors (1st) Section Champion (2004, 2005) and is currently the 2007 NABBA Championship Section Runner-up. The group maintains an active performance schedule throughout the academic year, performing regularly both on and off campus. The band was a featured ensemble at the 2006 Great American Brass Band Festival in Danville, Kentucky and the 2004 Virginia Music Educators Conference in Norfolk, Virginia. The ensemble has been host to a number of guest artists including euphonium virtuoso Steven Mead, former YBS Band solo horn Sheona White, trumpet soloist Vince DiMartino, the ever inspiring Allen Vizzutti, Katrina Marzella, 2004 BBC Radio 2 Young Brass Soloist and 2006 British Open Solo Champion and most recently, Richard Sebring, associate principal horn, Boston Symphony Orchestra and principal horn, Boston Pops.

Kevin Stees
    Music Director, JMU Brass Band
    steeskj@jmu.edu

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    UK
    Virginia
    JMU Brass Band
    Vince DiMartino
    Sheona White
  3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

email sent!

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

and of course, I don't mind stepping into Sheona's shoes...... :wink: :oops:

5. chizzum

chizzum Member

Where?

Are any places sorted out??? If so where, as i would love to watch!!!

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Don't forget JMU was also runner's up in 2006.
    They are a fine group by any standard and I hope the tour goes as well for them as possible!!