Jim Davies Stands Down

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by eymsbrassband, Feb 4, 2008.

1. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

It is with regret, that the East Yorkshire Motor Services Brass Band announces the resignation of their Musical Director - Jim Davies with immediate effect.

Band spokesman Tony Newiss said "Jim arrived at the Band in June 2005, after a particularly difficult time in the Band's history - we had struggled to put a band together to take part in that year's Grand Shield, from which we were ultimately relegated, and had lost several players, both before and after this contest. However, Jim combined well with the Band Management Committe who attracted new players, and the Band once more took steps in the right direction".

Highlights of Jim's time with the Band include recording two CD's (The Deep, and Reformers), a tour of the Netherlands in 2007, working with Philip Wilby at the World Premiere Performance of his work 'Reformers' during the 2007 Wilberforce Festival, and of course qualifying for the 2007 National Finals and the well deserved 12th place at the Royal Albert Hall.

Jim spoke directly to the Band giving family commitments, and other conducting obligations, as the reasons behind his decision to leave.

Band Chairman John Mathews said, "On behalf of the Band, I would like to pay particular tribute to Jim for all of his hard work in giving the Band back its confidence, pointing us back in the right direction, and giving us the opportunity to enjoy our music making once more. I would also like to wish Jim all the best for his future, and should the opportunity arise we will be able to work with Jim again".

The Band are currently speaking to several interested parties and will announce in the very near future who will be taking them to its forthcoming appearances at the North of England Championships, and at the Spring Festival in Blackpool.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    East Yorkshire Motor Services Brass Band
    Jim Davies
    Tony Newiss
    John Mathews
    Grand Shield
  3. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

I would like to add my personal thanks to Jim. When I joined the band Jim gave me a lot of confidence in my playing and I have developed a great amount whilst playing for Jim. I want to wish Jim all the best for the future...

Thanks again Jim -- Andy Kennedy