Jerusalem - Version??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lothianh, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

My band is looking for the hymn Jerusalem, and there are several arrangements available. I'm wondering if there's one which is considered to be the "standard" or most commonly played. If there's no consensus on this, any personal suggestions as to which version might be preferred (and why) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Liut-Colonel Albert Jakeway arranged Jerusalem, have played it once, very good! Published by SP&S.
  3. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Try "Tunes & Toasts", this is the standard version that most bands will have.

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

There is a good one where the Euphs start on a top A at fortissimo, good arrangement after that first note but cant remember who its by. Its prrety standard stuff with the theme and a few flowery bits but nothing to tricky
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Ours is arranged by Sydney Herbert (not sure if this is the "tunes and toasts" version Alanl58 refers to). Its fine - in fact not a bad arrangement at all. Not difficult and in a reasonable key for people to sing to as well.
  6. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

I've just published a new arrangement - so I would recommend that, but can't claim it's any better than the others!
  7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

This is the only one I've ever played. it says copyright 1916 and soldby Boosey & Hawkes.